Pioneer 436XDE - Faults or Bugs ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by pioneerfde, Nov 8, 2005.

1. pioneerfde

pioneerfde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anyone have a 436XDE?

Can you try the below and see if you get the same results.

Can someone tell me if these are faults or bugs in the software.

When adjusting the AV settings e.g. brightness, contrast, etc.
    On the old 435 model they adjusted separately for each AV input (as they should).

On the new 436 model when adjusting say AV1, all the others AV Inputs change to exactly the same settings as AV1, so they are not individually altered. (Big draw back)

Also, when turning off the WSS Auto Size on my 435 this worked fine, and did not jump automatically to a different aspect ratio which is normal, but on the 436 it does not appear to switch off, and jumps to a different aspect ratio, although the software states it is swtiched off. (What's wrong here).

Another thing I noticed is when the tv automatically goes to the correct screen size e.g. wide it stretches 2" off the top of the pic until you manually select another setting, thus making Wide unuseable.

Are the above bugs or faults in the software, or have I got a faulty unit, as the 435 I had did none of the above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

2. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    The not saving settings to each input could potentially be a fault, the 506 definately does this, I assume the 436 is the same.

Also, It's the full setting that displays the picture as it was intended. I find the wide setting pointless, all it does is stretch the pic out the side of the screen. Maybe that setting is for 4:3 aspect ratio signals.

3. birdseed

birdseed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Select "user" not "standard" if you want to individualise all the inputs.
    Not sure about the second half of the question, but is "autosize" turned on or off?, i think its in options menu.

4. pioneerfde

pioneerfde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Thanks for your replies.

The auto size turned off in the menu will still autoswap the aspect ratio, it doesnt seem to turn on or off, although the menu states otherwise.

Yet it works on my 435.

It looks like I may have a faulty unit as the user defined does the same, thanks for your suggestion to use this.

Thanks again for your replies.

5. Galaxian

Galaxian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi pioneerfde,

Not really offering much more than has already been said above but as a 436XDE owner I can confirm the USER settings are unique to each of the ports AV1, AV2 etc.
    I also have auto aspect ratio switched off and it doesn't auto change as you'd expect. I'm not sure if you meant it's changing while watching something on the same AV port or changes when you switch from AV1 to AV2 for example. Each AV port remembers the last aspect ratio set and as you change from port to port it will alter based on your last setting.

As stated above WIDE is pretty useless, Use FULL instead.