Pioneer 436XDE and Telewest HMDI-Help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Andy Donaldson, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Andy Donaldson

Andy Donaldson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Yesterday I collected my new Pioneer 436XDE from JL @ Cheadle. I have been reading all comments from this forum so I knew to set the contrast etc to low settings whilst it runs in.

Anyway, I set Input 3 on the telly to HMDI enable and the Video and Audio to Auto. Input 1 is RGB Scart from TW TVDrive and works OK.

I then set about setting Telewest TVDrive to HDMI output. Go to settings, Display and Sound, changed it to Hi Def HMDI and 720 and Opt Sound O/P.
    Press OK then OK to confirm (Including the pressing TEXT button as OK doesn't work, as instructed by WelyTest).

Now Input 1 via Scart is gives no Pic as you would expect because the box is now Outputting via HDMI, so I press Input 3 on telly remote and Blank screen?!?!?! ID on channel says Input 3, HMDI, Cinema, User.

I have tired dis- and re-enabling Input 3 as HDMI, also tried changing Video from Auto detect video signal to 422 and 444 and Digital RGB, all with no success.

One thing I notice is when in the menu on Input 3(HDMI) the screen 'flicks' every few seconds, going blank then menu reappears (at the same part of menu I was at).

I have rang Telewest and they have talked thru setting the Cable box to Standard and back to HDMI, they booked an engineer for Tuesday but I'm sure it's something not set correctly on the telly.

I would greatly appreciate anyones help and advice if you could solve this problem for me!

I don't know if I am allowed to leave telephone numbers here but it's 07815 783 550, Andrew. If not then I'm sure the moderator will remove this bit!

Thanks so much in anticipation of your help!

AndyD

2. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    Have you enabled the HDMI input on the 436xde in the home menu under the option settings??

Plus have you tryed the HDMI input4 as well ??

3. Andy Donaldson

Andy Donaldson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes mate, I did select Input 3 on the 436XDE, press Home Menu and Select HDMI ENABLE, this fails to display picture from Telewest Box but the Menu Text seems to flick off every few seconds. Not that it's relevant to the problem but the sound comes via optical o/p from TW box into Amp.

HDMI 4 on the Telly: I did try first before I read the manual and apparently it's HDMI connection for Audio only?!?! Whats the point of that? I got this particular model partly because it had 2 HDMI inputs and I intended to use the second for future DVD player, if it's audio only I shouldn't have bothered!

Andy

4. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    Hi Andy

The hdmi input4 is for video & audio as well...I use this input for my PC to my own 436xde by a DVI to HDMI cable..

I copyed this below straight from page 61 of the manual..

Using HDMI Input
    This Plasma Display System is equipped with two HDMI
    terminals (INPUT 3 and 4) which accept digital video and audio
    signals. To use the HDMI terminal, activate the terminal and
    specify the types of video and audio signals to be received from
    the connected equipment. For the types of these signals, see
    the operation manual that came with the connected
    equipment.
    Before starting the menu, press INPUT 3 or INPUT 4 on the
    remote control unit or press INPUT on the Media Receiver to
    select INPUT 3 or INPUT 4.