Pioneer 436SXE Dust Collector

Richchad

Had my new shiny Pioneer 436SXE from JL for 3 days now :thumbsup:

However it doesn't stay shiny for long though......:( due to dust being attracted to the black surround and also to the top of my Alpherson Piano Black Stand :cool:

Has anyone out there found a good way to reduce the amount of dust attracted..?

TekHousE

Standard Member
haha..
Doesn't happen to my panasonic..

This has been posted about before. It has something to do with the type of plastic they have used I am sure.

Richchad

TekHousE said:
haha..
Doesn't happen to my panasonic..

This has been posted about before. It has something to do with the type of plastic they have used I am sure.
I am sure you are right......still the Pioneer does look better than the Panasonic dust or no dust! ;)

TekHousE

Standard Member
nahh..he doesn't. :)

bad ass

Novice Member
I use monster screen clean, it does a pretty good job at stopping the dust coming back with the cloth provided, and makes you panel all nice and shiney too!

sunderland

Novice Member
Richchad seen one of them in currys today was really impressed with it but waiting to see the panny in action first

jaguar

Standard Member
So did my 435 when it was new. It will go away. The black plastic has some static in it.

SYNCHRO_MAN

Standard Member
Richchad said:

However it doesn't stay shiny for long though......:( due to dust being attracted to the black surround and also to the top of my Alpherson Piano Black Stand :cool:

Hi Richchad

Don`t know if you can still get this stuff anymore but there used to be a product call Permastat that i used to use on my vinyl records it did the trick with them .Hope this may help.I`ve got the 436xde it was bad at first but it seems to attracting less dust now i still use the cloth supplied just give it a shake after every wipe ,and wipe in the one direction.It`s because the Pioneer screens are that gorgeous they attract more than just looks he! he!

;) :smashin: ;)

C

Cynthia 7

Hi Richchad,

I understand that it's your black surround and black top of the stand that seems to attract dust. I use Pledge Clean and Dust on a black lacquered table top. It says on the can it has anti-static agents and is suitable for tvs, hifis, etc. I would definitely not use it on the screen, just the black part.

Also do not spray it direct. Get a soft, lint free cloth, spray the polish on this to clean the black areas, thus avoiding any possible damage to the screen.

Thekop

Novice Member
Richchad said:

You should leave the dust on the screen to hide the image retention the Pioneers have a habit of suffering from ? :eek: :devil:
No seriously a good ionizer detracts dust ( human skin ) from every object, they really do work ! :lesson: Or so they say ;)

Always-hungry

Thekop said:
You should leave the dust on the screen to hide the image retention the Pioneers have a habit of suffering from ? :eek: :devil:
:D

Not really what I want to read when Im about to lay 2k down for one, still funny mind :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom