Pioneer 436FDE or XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ashv12, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ashv12

ashv12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi all

Would like to say hi to everyone im new here and no doubt you have been asked countless times but i am buying one of the above dont really care which one as to my knowledge the screens are exactly the same just the media boxes are different does anyone know currently who are doing the best deals for immediate buy Richer Sounds had a good deal on a FDE but now all gone !!:lease:

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
  3. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Go for an XDE !! I have the 436xde and i am still totally stunned by the Picture even on off air chanels, digital is stunning and as for dvd...... get one and see :eek:

4. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Totally Agree....!!!

with the new RXE and SXE models coming to market there may be some deals to be had on the XDE....

Good Luck on your quest...;)

5. ashv12

ashv12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Thanks for your advice sikenny but surely they must be the same to look at as the screens are the same (please correct me if i am wrong) its only the 2 x hdmi inputs like you say freeview media card pc input that make the difference i will be no doubt buyiny a ps3 when there out so assuming i have a sky hd account just unplug sky and put the ps3 in ?

6. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    Yes they are the same screens, but as reaperman said, you will probely be able to get some great deals on the xde. I paid £2154 for mine with speakers & stand. Are you going to wall mount your screen ? If you decide to wall mount it or there is a chance of this later on then the 436xde will be the best for this as you will have a lot less cables going from your equipment to the screen, if it onlt going to be on the stand then it dont really matter what 436 you go for, the PQ is great.... I think i am right in saying that the XDE is the flag ship model in the pioneer range and that it does have a few extra bits on it than the new range !! BUT it all comes down to personal taste, budget. I dont really know about game play on these screens though !! If your a big gamer then the pioneer may not be the screen to go for.
    If you get a chance have a word with MAW or Hornydragon on here !! They are both a wealth of information and can probely explain to you exactly what are the +/- points are to look out for. I dont use my pioneer for much gaming so cant say if they are good or bad !! But as a screen for TV and HiDef, DVD and so on they are really good. :hiya:

7. gazza341

gazza341
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @sikenny,

how and where did you manage to get it that cheap m8? i thought costco was cheap at around £2500 including speakers and stand.

8. Shakti

Shakti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes sikenny, where did you get your XDE that cheap. Was it including table stand & speakers?

9. mrgrill

mrgrill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dixons. You get can get the XDE from Dixons using a variety of Discount codes. However this offer and price is only available online. See pages 15 and/or 45/46 in this thread for details on how to get it for £2154.

Link here