Pioneer 436 vs Sony 46W2000

lapino

I currently have a Pioneer 436FDE but got a chance to sell it for a very good price, which would allow me to get a Sony 46" W2000 (Full HD). How does the Sony compare to the Pioneer in terms of picture quality? Of course, the Full HD resolution will allow for sharper BluRay/DVD movies, but how is it in general? I need to make up my mind asap.

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
It's a truly awful screen.

To be fair when fed with 1080 and it is a bright outdoor scene it is very ice, but my god as soon as you get movement or go to a darker scene it is shockingly bad!!

I wouldn't have one in my toilet let alone as a main screen.

RPD_UK

I currently have a Pioneer 436FDE but got a chance to sell it for a very good price, which would allow me to get a Sony 46" W2000 (Full HD). How does the Sony compare to the Pioneer in terms of picture quality? Of course, the Full HD resolution will allow for sharper BluRay/DVD movies, but how is it in general? I need to make up my mind asap.

Stick with your Pioneer.

A high number of pixels does not (always) equal great picture quality.

The Sony may look nice with a Blue Ray/HD DVD source but anything else will look a bit disappointing - especially compared to your Plasma. Contrast (or lack there of) is also a bit of a joke on LCD's imo.

The Sony would make a nice (if expensive) gaming screen for a PS3 though. lol

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
That's the funny thing though, stick a dark game on the Sony and you can't see anything all deatil is crushed, you have to start upping the levels to see stuff and then it just looks washed out and crap.

It has absolutely no purpose at all, it doesn't do anything well.

RPD_UK

That's the funny thing though, stick a dark game on the Sony and you can't see anything all deatil is crushed, you have to start upping the levels to see stuff and then it just looks washed out and crap.

It has absolutely no purpose at all, it doesn't do anything well.

Don't beat around the bush - just tell us what you really think !! :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom