Pioneer 436 service menu anyone?

pretenderep

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I've just bought a 436RXE and I'm trying to find some infos about the service menu. Does anyone has a service manual for pioneer plasmas, or just simply clues about some of the functions you find in the service menu (ie RGB gain...)?
Thx in advance!

Hi, I wish I had a fiver for every time I have posted on here advising people that entering Service Menus is absolutely fraught with danger - press one wrong button and you could end up with no picture at all - what do you do then?

For your own sake, stay well clear! :lesson:

Cheers,

Martin.

Hi!
I didn't say I wanted to mess my screen with the service menu, but I just want to understand some of the items.
Thx for your advice anyway!

Hi, I'm a great believer in not knowing how to enter a service menu, that way you can't get in and do something by mistake.

Just thinking of your best interests.

Cheers,

Martin.

Surley if he is aware of the possible damage that he could do by entering the Service menu, then that is his problem, after all he owns the screen!
it's rather like buying a car and being told "no don't open the bonnet as tinkering with anything in there might mean your car won't start"!

Sorry don't know the way in, but if i find out i will publish it on here!!!! With a public Health Warning of course!

From another post about lip synch problems haven't tried it yet though!

"Make sure the plasma and the media box is in standby.
Press DISPLAY on the remote (just press, do not hold)
Wait 3 seconds
Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT and POWER (on the remote)
If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed
It may take a few tries"

I don't think it's entirely accurate, because you have to hold down the DISPLAY "i" button.

Just do a search for "Pioneer Service Menu" on the forum....!

Irf.

Or you could look at the FAQ, and look for service menu. Ok it says 435 instead of 436 on the linked thread, but it is still likely to be the same :D

stevecol said:
Surley if he is aware of the possible damage that he could do by entering the Service menu, then that is his problem, after all he owns the screen!
it's rather like buying a car and being told "no don't open the bonnet as tinkering with anything in there might mean your car won't start"!

Sorry don't know the way in, but if i find out i will publish it on here!!!! With a public Health Warning of course!

Yes, you are quite correct - I merely point out the possibilities of untold damage - if he chooses to ignore that and do his own thing, fair enough.

Cheers,

Martin.

I looked in the service menu on my 506XDE , something happened and then it would only display a small white square in the middle of the screen, Whoops!!

thankfully after 30 mins I managed to get back into the services menu and back to normal function of the screen, but nearly rendered a £3500 screen dead!

Hi all!
I did searched the forum but just didn't found what I was looking for : explanations about items in the service menu, not how to get in it...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom