1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 436-FDE Questions and Queries?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Degas, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Degas

Degas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been looking at the Pioneer 436XDE with salivating jowls so far ignoring the FDE little brother, however looking at it now I think it may be a better option for me but I want to make sure I aren't scrimping just for the sake of it. Now I understand the XDE has two HDMI ports and the FDE only has one, I also understand the FDE only has an analogue tuner whereas the XDE has a digital tuner. Apart from those two points is there any difference cause if there isn't I may save myself a few quid.

I will be using with this:-
    Sky+ (and Sky HD ASAP)
    Denon 1906 Amp
    Xbox 360
    Pioneer 575ADVD (may upgrade to HD later)
    5.1 sound natch.

Will I have enough ports for Hi-Def everything especially my Xbox 360, Sky and DVD and if not are there adaptors or plug in boxes available, cause if I can do it that way I can save myself £500 or so. WIll ol having an analogue tuner matter if I only watch TV thro Sky? Am I being niave think this will be just as good as a solution, I don't want to cut back if it means losing quality in any area.

Cheers guys

2. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    On the Pioneer website you can do a direct comparison between the Two side by side. It compares every feature they have.

3. ibiza130

ibiza130

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having the 2 HDMI feeds will prove useful when both HD Sky and either HD-DVD / Bluray are released, in addition to any standard HDMI DVD players you may have. As it goes I plan to use my AV receviver to help channel three (one direct to 436 and two via Yamaha 4600) sources into the two HDMI connections on my 436XDE. Personally the HDMI was the only reason why I went for the XDE.