Pioneer 436 and 506 retention problems, a possible solution

kev777

Standard Member
Reaction score
..not another thread on retention on the 6th gen screens!

Having had my 506 for 18 months with a new panel 12 months ago and still more retention problems I thought I'd order a service manual and see what it told me, so I now have a 200 pg .pdf going through every last detail. For anyone that has a had a new panel the manual details a procedure for replacing a new panel with a used media box. The interesting thing is that when the replacement panel is unpacked there should be a label on the back of the screen with 2 voltage figures, vrst and voff, the first with voltages ranges of 240 to 360v and voff with ranges of 14 to 61v.

Now of course I never even noticed this, but I have a very strong suspiscion that these levels could be set too high on screens suffering retention. Anyway, I entered the service menu and wacked the voff down about 30 volts and lowered the vrst a little.

Whether or not this will make any difference I don't know, I still have the contrast at 10 and time will tell if the retention comes back, though could do with someone (Gordon??) to tell me what the various settings are for and what the settings are for screens that have never suffered from bad retention.

If anyone wants details of service menu details or settings let me know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom