Pioneer 436 & 506 XDE at the Scottish Hifi Show

jwramsay

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Pioneer were displaying their 506 XDE showing bog standard DVD and 436 XDE showing Hi-Def 1080i at the Scottish Hifi show today.

The blacks are just outstanding and a big difference from my 434. The bezel is thinner than the 434, so it does look a bit smaller.

Loved the blue power LED rather than the green LED that the 434 has.

Very impressed by these two it must be said.

On the way home, popped past Comet in Buchanan Galleries, they have a 436 XDE and a Pana 500 Viera side by side showing a Hi-Def feed. Both were very good but the Pioneer was just that bit better.

Best price I could find today was 2600 for 436 XDE with side speakers and swivel stand.

Also visited John Lewis in Glasgow. They have no Pioneer plasmas on display, but I did find the 436 XDE was priced at 2795 no speakers.

I thought the Pioneer was just a bit better when I saw them side by side in Comet. But they were very similar in quality though. What was the 506 picture like?

Panzer22 said:
I thought the Pioneer was just a bit better when I saw them side by side in Comet. But they were very similar in quality though. What was the 506 picture like?

to die for!

according to pio bloke contrast ratio of 506 is 4000:1, only 3000:1 for 436.

Yeah the blue light thing is cool. I now have two sets of blue lights. One for the iLink saying I have end to end digital sound, and one for the HDMI saying I have end to end digital video... sweeet..

Nightsoil, Would it be possible for you to tell me what all of your connections are via all pieces of equipment. I'm not sure about a couple of things and would like someones input who has the very same equipment as me. A step by step guide would be great if possible. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom