Pioneer 436/506 prices on currys.

6022tivo

Novice Member
Hello

I have only just noticed the Pioneer 436 XDE @ £2799 and the 506 XDE at £3700.

They do include the stand and speakers, but if you have a look at the thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1220&page=16&pp=10

you will see, promo codes for 10% off, free delivery and £25 off orders over £250.

It may be worth checking as codes for currys appear all the time, and may make the 436 deal reasonable.

nujjy

Novice Member
6022tivo said:
Hello

I have only just noticed the Pioneer 436 XDE @ £2799 and the 506 XDE at £3700.

They do include the stand and speakers, but if you have a look at the thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1220&page=16&pp=10

you will see, promo codes for 10% off, free delivery and £25 off orders over £250.

It may be worth checking as codes for currys appear all the time, and may make the 436 deal reasonable.
Where does it say that the speakers and stand are included?
EDIT: I can see that the stand is included but not the speakers.

Blue Triangles

I've just ordered Two 506XDE form Comet. It's £3700, includes the swivel stand and speakers. Because I was buying Two they threw in Two LG HDMI dvd players, Two plasma stands at half price (£100 each, they were £200) and a years interest free.

Mind you I had to buy Two HDMI monster cables for £90 each!

dodgyd

How long are the monster cables? You can get HDMI cables for under a fiver! You'll be pleased with the set, though :)

Dave.

Blue Triangles

They are only One meter long. The Six meter Ones are about £150! But I only need a meter as the tv will be on a stand. I'm actually looking forward to see what a standard DVD is like through the HDMI player. :)

Blue Triangles

You mean because of the price of the cables?

dodgyd

Yup, I'm not saying that the cables are over-priced compared with how much you'd have to pay elsewhere, I'm just suggesting that they insisted on you buying the Monster cables to recoup their loss on the DVD players. Just shows how much profit there is in them. Word on the street from those much more knowledgeable than I, is that HDMI cables in the 1m - 3m category either work or not, there is no 'better' cable in terms of performance. In any case, you could say you bought the DVD players but got the Monster cables free :rotfl:

Dave.

Top Bottom