1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE with Sky - Is it my imagination?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johnnycab, Apr 8, 2005.

1. johnnycab

johnnycab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here goes...

When I got my screen, and watched the Sky feed through it - it was appalling. I was constantly adjusting settings and playing around until I got sick of it - and stopped. I set it to 'Movie' mode, which seem to be the best option at the time, and left it alone - some 300+ hours ago...

However, at present, when the screen has been running for a few hours - 5-6hrs approx. I find that the colours get richer and everything, especially broadcast material, appears to be sharper and better! I do not know if it is my imagination or related to technical aspects of a plasma screen i.e. probably all the pixels are fired up, after getting max exposure!? etc.

To summarise, I am more than happy and definitely not complaining that I ended up investing in this piece of equipment - given its track record with Sky. But, would also like to know if other people share a similar situation with their Pio screens - especially the calibrated ones...

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Jonny,

You are of course using RGB scarts and have RGB enabled on the sky box?

I use a telewest STB and although some lower broadcast feeds arnt that great (eastenders, corrie) most are really good. Im just sat watching MTV hits at the moment and its stunning. I posted my settings a while back for someone else, do a search on my posts for them. See if that makes a difference. (make a note of yours so you can revert back if you want to)

Steve

3. johnnycab

johnnycab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tom,

You are right - it is RGB via an IXOS scart, and set on the MR and Sky digibox. I agree that some feeds are not that hot - but, I never tend to watch those channels for extended duration anyway!

As for the national broadcast, the PQ is getting better by the day e.g. the James Bond movie last night was as good as it was on my Sony CRT.

Although, last time I tried - the settings for other people did not do any wonders for me. However, now that the screen is nearly 350hrs old - I will start getting adventurous and dig out your settings, to give them a try.