Pioneer 435XDE with or without speakers.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by hshortt, Apr 5, 2005.

1. hshortt

hshortt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys,

Should I buy the optional speakers or not? The screen will be connected to a Sony Receiver via the media box, so I don't absolutely require them.

However, I can forsee times when the missus will want to switch on and watch coronation street without the hassle of pushing the extra one button for the amp.

Thoughts on this? (and don't say, change the wife, train the wife or anything like that, - I've already tried!)
    cheers

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    they're quite expensive. Any speakers will plug into the speaker outs in the rear of the panel. - the amp is built internally.

So if you have a spare set just plug them in - obviously they won't clip nicely to the side but may keep you going until you find some cheaper on ebay or this forum?

3. Kier

Kier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Solution: don't tell the wife that you can get speakers for the plasma screen, and she'll soon learn that unless she works out how to use the receiver she can't hear anything :)

4. hshortt

hshortt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the response guys, I like Kier's solution best! haha.

5. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Well,perhaps it's me,but I have to agree with SWMBO on this one.Yes they are expensive and no they're not wonderful quality,but they do look very good alongside the screen,they are convenient if you just want to watch eg news headlines and if you want to show off it does mean you can watch split screen with footy/commentary on one side/PDP-26 and a video with surround sound on the other.... if you can multi task! :thumbsup:
    Regards
    Ian

6. Baz1205

Baz1205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've just got my Pio 435 XDE yesterday and I didn't buy any of the available speakers on purpose. They are expensive and I understand the quality leaves something to be desired. I have the system straight into my hi-fi (Audi Innovations Series 700 amp and Dali speakers) and the sound quality is much better than I could ever get from standalone speakers. It makes the whole experience so much better :)

7. Kier

Kier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just for interest's sake, I plugged a pair of my B&W 603s into the speaker outputs on my 505XDE to see how they'd sound, and I think it's fair to say that the amplifier on the panel is in a different league from what you'd get in almost any quality A/V receiver. Even if the speakers were stonkingly good they'd be crippled by the amplifier in the panel, so I would definitely advise against the expense.

8. Kier

Kier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just reading my last post again, and I have to add that as far as amplifiers in TVs go, the one in the Pioneer panels is way above average, I'm just saying that the amplifiers in all TVs are pretty bad compared to what you get in a dedicated receiver.

9. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In order to get sound when watching news and football, I use a single JMLab Sib speaker (150 Euro, 2 kilo) installed in the back of the plasma. Becomes invisible.
    The support of the speakers has threads that allow you to mount it easily. I tried before this a B&W DM302. Worked well but could not be mounted at the center of plasma. Too heavy, also.

Sounds guite good, even with light music. For serious listening to a concert on TV switch on the Audio System and do not forget to turn down or mute the TV sound.