1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE Supporters Club

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mattyboy_W, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Mattyboy_W

Mattyboy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    New home theater arrived last Friday and spent the weekend checking it out. The plasma (435XDE) is excellent, DVDs are spectacular, Freeview excellent and High Definition (WMV - HD) through a 3.2 GHz PC better than looking out of the window.

All of the concerns I had before buying - poor quality with sports, poor with freeview were completely wrong. Maybe I've been lucky but the picture quality is excellent and beats the Nokia 22T linked to a Panasonic 29 inch CRT I had before. The DAT 45 aerial and anitference splitter I would also recommend to ensure ths signal is good.

Big advantage of buying all Pioneer kit is that the remote works through the screen and operates all components.

Treat yourself.

2. Buck37

Buck37
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Matty

Glad your happy I get my XDE435 last week as well after returning a faulty panel, got to say I am impressed but expect to be more impressed as time goes by and the screen settles down.

Maybe we can share calibration settings what settings do you watch the following on:

1. SKY/ Freeview
    2. Terrestiial TV
    3. DVD

Cheers

Mike

3. Leerock

Leerock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea I would like to know your settings too
    I m widely impressed with PQ on all inputs but an improvement is always welcome

4. jrturbo

jrturbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys

I took delivery of a 435 xde on saturday evening with table top stand and speakers, took about 2 hours to put the whole kit together.

Out of the box the PQ was reasonable on TV reception and excellent on DVD playback, played around with the colour adjustment using DVD esentials ( which is a pain to use if you have never used it before ).

Overall I am impressed and satisfied so far, I will let the Screen run for 200 hours before rechecking the adjustments as recomended by others.

Any thoughts regarding a samsung 935 dvd player to use as my DVD player hopefully to be connected via DVI to HDMI ( currently running it on component input ) or is it worth searching for a 945 or waiting for the new 950 to come out.

Regards

Joe Rubido

5. Dread Prophet

Dread Prophet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You boys must be pleased,

In light of recent announcements from EICTA and SKY,

Your plasma is the only one compatible with Hi-Defenition television, which sky will start to broadcast in 2006. (well one of about 3)

Its got more than 720 vertical lines and can handle both 1080i and 720p signal formats, at either 50hz or 60hz through both its HDMI and component inputs,

Looks like very very few plasmas can boast that at the moment!!

6. Mattyboy_W

Mattyboy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apologies for the late reply but I have to force myself away from the screen, Settings are :

Brightness +0
    Contrast +22
    Colour -15
    Tint +0
    Sharpness -2

Excellent with all sources although slight blur on pan shots with football. Still very watchable. Just think what it will be like when it settles down !!!

7. Leerock

Leerock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thaks Mattyboy
    They are almost the same as mine except the colour which i think you ve got it too low.
    Brightness +2
    Contrast +25
    Colour -8
    Tint +0
    Sharpness -1

What about the digital enhancements?

8. Mattyboy_W

Mattyboy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm trying to keep the settings low until the first 200 hours are up but will try the suggested improvements. At the moment I've got all of the digital enhancements switched off but given a bit more time will try each of them to see if there is any noticeable improvements.

On some of the freeview channels particularly late at night it's difficult to see how the picture could be improved - it's close to DVD quality. High Definition is awesome though and I'm looking forward to more material becoming available.

What do you recommend for the digital enhancement settings ?

9. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Mattyboy W

I'd keep the 'enhancements' in the Off position permanently - they are not the best!

Joe

10. actionman

actionman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took delivery of 435XDE in December. PQ is excellent, especially from DVD. Intermittent buzzing from the panel can be distracting. Anyone esle noticed this. If so, can it be rectified?