1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE - No Picture through component!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tejstar, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I’m posting this on behalf of a friend. I just though one of you users may have experienced something similar:

First apologies for my newbie questions. I have a pioneer 435xde plasma and took delivery of the momitsu 880n DVD player this weekend. Whilst I can successfully connect the player to the plasma via composite or scart.. I’ve had absolutely no luck in getting any picture (even the DVD player's menu screen) through component. I have enabled the input on my plasma to accept component and cycled through all the output video modes on the DVD player but no picture or sound etc just a blank screen?

I have also repeatedly checked that I have the cables plugged incorrectly. Can anyone shed any ideas as this is driving me crazy.

I guess I should get a DVI-HDMI cable and plug it through that way, but im now getting paranoid about whether the component plugs on my plasma receiver are actually working or not.

2. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, you won't get any sound anyway as component is a video only connection :) You'll need to connect the digital audio out to a receiver or the media box of the 435 or use the scart for the audio. Now with regards to your problem, presumably you're using input 2 for component and you are saying that you set it to Component in the Input Select menu of Input 2. I can only imagine it to be a problem with the DVD player which lies somewhere in the menu controls. I really don't know why you're not using HDMI if your player has the connection. Maybe it is an upscaling issue, which your player might only allow via digital connection and HDCP. Try turning that off when you go via component. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware, which I think Momitsu have on their website.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I think he’s using component as he doesn’t have component for the time being.

I also thought it must be a dvd problem but have no experience of the Momitsu. Updating the firmware is a good idea, I’ll let him know.

Thanks MPK!