1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE DTV problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by aayoung12, Aug 23, 2005.

1. aayoung12

aayoung12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Purchased the Pioneer 435XDE a few months back, very happy with it, but have one small problem.

Approximately once a week, after turning the Pioneer on, in the digital tv mode a blank screen appears, when I flick over to analogue there is a picture, no problems, but when i flick back to digital, I am greeted with the installation screen for DTV setup. So I follow through and carry out the installation and it is fine again, although sometimes I have to do it twice, because not all channels installed correctly (i.e one or two may have had some large scale distortion the first time around). After completing the installation there are no problems with the panel, until approximately another week.

I am mistified how the media receiver can just loose all the channel information downloaded, because i certainly have not deleted it. I have a new aerial on the roof, could that need realligning? I was wondering whether that might be the reason behind the channel distortion? What do you think? :rolleyes:

2. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You need a new media box for this recognised fault. The good news is that you only have to ship the media box to Pioneer, not the whole kit.

Hope all goes well.

3. dereks

dereks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    pioneer actually say that you should leave your media box switched on at all times,after 24 hours it will lose its memory i had the very same problem it took a while to find this out but since doing this its been fine(they also gave me a new media box) i was a bit concerned about leaving it on but the box goes into power save mode once the screen has been switched off.i would pursue then regarding having to reload the channels a couple of times mines always loaded first time.

if you read the manual it does say this in a roundabout way apparantly the media box can recieve downloads during the night from dtv