1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE Buzzing!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by actionman, Feb 8, 2005.

1. actionman

actionman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took delivery of my 435XDE 4 weeks ago. Perfect in very respect - except for the intermittent and very distracting buzzing noise from the panel itself. Anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions how to fix this, or at least reduce it, or should I insist on exchanging it?

2. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Common issue apparantly. Don't think another panel will help as it appears widespread. I have one and it buzzes, normally when large areas of black appear on screen (such as widescreen films). I only find it noticeable on quiet scenes but it is irritating at those times. My wife finds it more annoying than I do but I've ended up with five different makes and models over the last year with various problems and I've just given up and accepted that this is the best of a bad lot.

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have 435xde and it buzzes now and again (although not intrusive). I placed the ferrite collar on the power cable and also another inline mains filter and it was reduced. However on PC input and component dvd input the buzzing was non existent.

the fan from the media box is normally louder.

4. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I tried the cores but didn't notice any difference myself. Interesting point about the component input as my dvd is quite old and I use RGB (Sony 525). I notice it quite a lot on that input but assumed that was because most of the films I have are 2:35 to 1 AR whereas RGB via sky is normally 16:9.

Might borrow my mate's dvd player to see if component is as noisy.

5. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I noticed that mine buzzed a bit more when the Purecinema feature was switched to advance. Otherwise the buzz is not really noticeable. This was in a silent room and I was close to the tv. Hope not to notice at all when it is all properly set up.

6. actionman

actionman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I tried this and I agree. The buzzing is less noticeable in 'movie' or 'standard' mode.

7. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yes, a bit gutting but maybe as the screen settles down it gets better. The advantage of putting the pure cinema in advance was that the football pictures looked a little more natural which is a useful tool. I will probably get used to it as I don't think there is much that can be done at this stage. Not a major prob though and the tv's all round performance more than makes up for this.