Pioneer 435XDE and HD1

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Neil1996, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Neil1996

Neil1996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For some months i have been trawling these threads and viewing various 42" plasmas in many different stores and had finally decided on a Pio 435XDE.
    That was until this afternoon when i popped into a Hughes which was inputing HD1 to a Pio435XDE.
    WHAT A PICTURE!
    They were also piggy backing it to a PIO505 via Component (or so they said)to show the difference(and there was!).
    Having read that i would be blown away by HD was an understatement!
    DVD via DVI looked good but as i watch a fair bit of tv/footy, Sky/Freeview just didnt seem good enough at the moment when compared to HD!
    Come on Sky-hurry up! :lease:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    They are stunning with HD I agree, and Pioneer go out of their way to see that they get shown with HD signals as much as possible. Maybe there's not so much wrong with their freeview picture, I think it suffers by comparison. Scart inputs do look decidedly like an afterthought to me though. I think you'll find the Pioneers at Bristol showing HD exclusively for some reason.

3. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would advise extreme caution in making a buying decision based on an HD demo. HD looks fantastic on any screen capable of displaying it (even my old and recently stolen Sony 32-inch ALiS plasma). Since the majority of your viewing for the foreseeable future is going to be SD, you're better off comparing screens using SD sources. As a contented Pioneer owner, courtesy of MAW, I think the best of Freeview - BBC1 and 2 and ITV1 - can also look superb, sometimes better than DVD.