1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435XDE and HD1

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Neil1996, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Neil1996

Neil1996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For some months i have been trawling these threads and viewing various 42" plasmas in many different stores and had finally decided on a Pio 435XDE.
    That was until this afternoon when i popped into a Hughes which was inputing HD1 to a Pio435XDE.
    WHAT A PICTURE!
    They were also piggy backing it to a PIO505 via Component (or so they said)to show the difference(and there was!).
    Having read that i would be blown away by HD was an understatement!
    DVD via DVI looked good but as i watch a fair bit of tv/footy, Sky/Freeview just didnt seem good enough at the moment when compared to HD!
    Come on Sky-hurry up! :lease:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    They are stunning with HD I agree, and Pioneer go out of their way to see that they get shown with HD signals as much as possible. Maybe there's not so much wrong with their freeview picture, I think it suffers by comparison. Scart inputs do look decidedly like an afterthought to me though. I think you'll find the Pioneers at Bristol showing HD exclusively for some reason.

3. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would advise extreme caution in making a buying decision based on an HD demo. HD looks fantastic on any screen capable of displaying it (even my old and recently stolen Sony 32-inch ALiS plasma). Since the majority of your viewing for the foreseeable future is going to be SD, you're better off comparing screens using SD sources. As a contented Pioneer owner, courtesy of MAW, I think the best of Freeview - BBC1 and 2 and ITV1 - can also look superb, sometimes better than DVD.