1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 435xde 2 yr warrenty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by superk, May 21, 2005.

1. superk

superk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have just bought a pioneer 435xde advertised with a 2 yr warrenty..however
    when i looked at the warrenty details that arrived with the tv it tells me to fill it in and send it off for the 12 month warrenty.
    can anyone help me to get the 2 yr warrenty?

2. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I had a similar problem when I bought mine from AV sales earlier in the year.I filled in the form,deleting where it stated 12 months and writing in 24 months,and I rang AV sales to ask what Pioneer were doing about it.AV sales stated they would look into it and get back to me.I sent off my form and I was just about to ring them again about a month later when I received a copy (top to Pioneer,middle to customer,botton for retailer) of a 24 month warranty form.Presumably this was filled in by AV sales and your dealer will be doing the same for you and it will arrive in due course.
    Regards
    Ian

3. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I think it depends where you buy it from, a Pioneer Works retailer like AV Sales etc will offer a 2yr warranty but others like Joe Bloggs (apologies if there is a works dealer called Joe Bloggs, lol) down the road may have sourced it from a unregistered dealer who will only be able to offer the 1yr.

Taz

4. stormorbit

stormorbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too was offered a two year guarantee with the Pioneer 435 XDE. Enclosed with the Plasma can a one year guarantee but on the reciept it has 2 Year gaurantee. I assume the one year guarantee is standard as they have stated 2 years on the receipt. Bloody hope so anyway!

5. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    The 2 year warranty is given if you have bought from a Pioneer 'the works' authorised dealer.If your dealer was one ,you've got the 2 year warranty and as I posted earlier conformation should arrive shortly.
    Regards
    Ian

6. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just to let you know, like DRD, my 2 year warranty confirmation came through the post about 3/4 months after delivery of the plasma.

7. superk

superk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you first send off the card offering the 12 month warrenty?cheers

8. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Superk,

I didn't send any paperwork off whatsoever. I kept meaning to but I misplaced the forms etc but in the meantime the confirmation from the works Pioneer dealer came through.

9. superk

superk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    i emailed pioneer and was told (copy of actual reply)
    Response (RJFCS) - 23/05/2005 10:45 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your email.

Your plasma will have a standard one year warranty unless you purchased
    it from an Approved 'Pioneer, The Works' dealer.

If you purchased it from a 'Works' dealer you should contact them
    regarding the extended warranty.

Regards.
    Customer Relations
    PIONEER GB LIMITED
    the website i bought the plasma from advertises a 2 year warrenty anyone who buys the pdp xde should make sure the dealer is a 'Pioneer, The Works' dealer to get the 2 year warrenty.

10. voxmagna

voxmagna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I added '2 year warranty' to the Pioneer card, also downloaded and saved the traders advert screen, quoting they sold with a 2 year works dealer warranty.

Anybody tried to buy a service manual from Seme sales yet?

I got some strange responses, requests for exact model numbers then name and address. I've never had a problem with Panasonic in the past, so I hope Pioneer aren't restricting access to information for products we buy.