1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435FDE vs XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by theredstar, Feb 14, 2005.

1. theredstar

theredstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me a definitive list of differences between the FDE and the XDE?

As far as I can see they are the same screen, but the FDE comes with a stand and speakers (which when bought seperately are worth £400).

I know some people have noted the FDE has a cheaper remote and doesn't have a VGA input. This doesn't seem enough of a difference to justify the fact that the prices are nearly the same, but the FDE has £400 of extras.

I'm extra concerned give the reviews in What-Hi that raved about the XDE but slagged the FDE. How can this be right when the screens are the same?

Has anyone seen an FDE next to an XDE? Is the PQ the same?

Any other explanations for Pioneer's wacky pricing strategy?

2. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The panels are exactly the same, the XDE has freeview built into the media receiver which the FDE does not and has a home gallery feature to view digital photos. I don't think the fde throws in a stand and speakers as a rule but some retailers may do this as most customers tend to go for the xde. The in built digital tuner is very handy. The mag reviews of the same screen just highlight that they don't really know what they are on about. Some say the pictures are disappointing and others say its breathtakingly spectacular (and these were both reviewing the fde).

3. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    The XDE also has more features, PiP etc etc, the FDE does not have these, out of the 2 go for the XDE ;)

4. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Agreed, go for the xde, better quality media box and remote too, if thats important.

5. Big JC

Big JC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was talked out of spending the extra money on the XDE in favour of the FDE. The extra toys on the XDE are great, but you find that the PIP will only be used to show your mates once and not really used again. The digi tuner is cool too, but if you are running sky, you will have no need for it. For a tad cheaper I got the FDE with the table stand and speakers too.