1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435FDE - Sky/DVD/etc input questions..

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by PGYEOMANS73, Jan 4, 2005.

1. PGYEOMANS73

PGYEOMANS73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

Following some great advice on here the other day I am now not going to be buying the Sony I had my heart set on and will be going for the Pioneer (I think.. :cool: )...

Now I am about to take the plunge I really need to consider if my current DVD player is going to be up to the job - Having looked at it tonight it only has S-Video output because it is nearly 2 years old (it's a Pioneer also)....Really want some advice about whether this will give me an unacceptable picture or if the general consensus is that it will be 'okay' for now until I can afford a better DVD player (or recorder).....

If the answer is no then I would like recommendations for a DVD recorder that I can look into (defo sub £500 though) buying at the same time.

Also any advice on how best to input Sky and my XBox into the Plasma would be most welcomed.

Please note I am not, by any means, an expert or up on much of the terminology rife on these boards so would appreciate things spelling out in 'lay-man's' terms where possible..

Thanks in advance.

Paul (YEMONDO)

2. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Connect SKY into Input 1 via Scart

Connect XBOX or PS2 to input 4 on the front panel, failing that, input 2 on the back of the multimedia box.

Ran the laptop through mine last night, an impressive desktop!