1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435FDE :) can it become a XDE ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gizmo99, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got deliverd today !!!!

24 month intrest free period from Comet !!!!

One Dead pixel :mad: coming out on Thruesday to Check it, then arange swap out.

What a picture !!! DVD via scart FIRST CLASS Sky via scart (RGB) can be a bit ropey, Friends on E4 for one.

But this is my question 435FDE bought as I didnt know of the XDE.

The XDE looks like just a different Media box PDP-R05XE can u buy these on there own ?? Comet dont list the XDE yet, and I was told and there web site says you can connect a PC to the FDE !!!!!!! :lesson:

Help

Giz

P.S. Stil a first class bit of Kit !!!

2. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I very much doubt it. So they were OK about the dead pixel and not argue to say it was within spec ?

Which Comet ?

3. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought it From Ipswich Super Store

I have been told the 24 month intrest free peroid (29.9% after) can be offered if the value of the goods is say over £2000 or the sale may be lost, and u buy a waranty

Not a argue @ all But I am tempted to return the whole thing and get a XDE is it worth it ??

Giz

4. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well, The XDE has a Digital tuner, but clearly this depends on where you live if you can get a signal. I don't think the run of the mill stores stock the XDE. They all seem to have FDE only. The alternatives seem to be AVland. The cheapest I have found is Sharworkd(FDE) at £2385. But you have to ask would they be willing to chnage for one pixel ?

5. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to conect my laptop/PC to it and I cant with FDE

Rear View of XDE
    [​IMG]

And Front behind Flap View
    [​IMG]

6. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think you will have to get your money back, as I am sure they will not stock the XDE

7. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  8. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Defo only the Muti Media Box that different (PDP-R05XE) for the XDE and PDP-R05FE for FDE

9. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Pioneer says u cant buy the Media Box on it own :(

Bugger, Comet and John Lewis Dont carry it. Currys do but Price affencive

Am after a nice intrest free deal, as comet gave 24 months on the FDE

Giz

10. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What do Curry charge for a XDE, lets have a laugh

11. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3700 then waranty on top, Also having a look around at the XDE most retailers seem to only sell u the screen and media box.

Everthing else is an option, where as Comet did the Screen media box, table top stand and speakers for 2899

y I have to ask ?

Giz

12. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    shame that was not the XDE at that price

13. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me about it :0 still a Excellent set up !!!!

But I need PC connection, was told it had this. But comet dont stock the XDE

So screwed

14. Rcww

Rcww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Generally the as mention before the difference is that the XDE has a build in Digial tuner, optical out and 15 Pin Vga connection. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You still can connect your pc to it via the HDMI. You need to buy a HDMI to DVi cable.

regards

Rcww

15. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes granted, but my laptop only has a VGA plug

16. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke with comet a glimer of hope :) they did stock the 505xde woo hooo i thought but not any more "not profiled" ???

So back to square 1, they have offered me a swap !!! Panasonic ??

Help

17. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sounds like you asked a specific question and you got an inaccurate answer in 1st instance, at the very least you should ask them to supply/refund [sufficient monies for you to buy] a DVI/HDMI cable, otherwise a quick call to your CAB might provide you with enough info to demand a full refund.

It's not a situation I have ever been in myself, but like me you are probably unaware on just what you are entitled to by law in this instance, and your supplier will be trying to fob you off in your ingnorance of your rights.

Do not let this put you off the set tho, I own an XDE myself and it is a superb piece of kit, I have connected my Xbox and PC and HDMI DVD player and the results are superb, there is not a lot to choose between the real world performance of the Pioneer over the Panasonic [assume they are offering a Viera BTW] but remember the Pioneer is an HD panel whereas the Viera is not.

The media box difference as I understand is that the XDE gives you the following over the FDE

PIP
    Freeview
    PC Input
    Better finished Remote

Also if you have a modern vid card like an ATI X800 you can use the HighDef adaptor cable to connect your PC to your Component inputs on rear of your media box. I own an X800XTPE myself and could possibly confirm this for you if you are not in too much of a hurry.

18. Rcww

Rcww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Gizmo,
    get a hdmi to dvi cable together with a 15 pin vga to dvi convert, I know it a long winded way but at least it connect ur laptop to ur plasma

regards

Rcww

19. nicp01

nicp01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    gizmo, thks for the rearview of the xde now I know what I want....need it with table top stand and speakers....will start looking now....
    Oh for a web site that lists all the TV makes/model numbers and dates introduced/discontinued plus rear /front pictures like yours...
    I'm currently using a pCsender from PC 9800SE to TV scart anyone any idea max length a dvi cable can be??
    thks again
    peter

20. Gaz C

Gaz C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gizmo,
    Ordered an XDE before xmas with local company for £3100. Great stuff!! What turned up, you guessed an FDE. TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!! On the plus side I've waited a couple of weeks and guess what, just google "435 xde best price" and pricerunner, kelkoo or whoever are bringing up internet company's selling the XDE for just under 3k + media box + table top stand + choice of speakers. The new model No. is PDP-435XDE-TA+

Hope this helps'

Gaz

21. meisuria

meisuria
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you see that mate?

22. Gaz C

Gaz C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    meisuria,

"Pioneer PDP435XDE-TA+
    43'' Plasma TV(incl Media Receiver) with PDK-TS05 Table Top stand with 10 degree swivel + PDP-S26-LR( Full length air Speakers Black)"

"Our Price: £3100.00
    Delivery From: £34.99"

This is from "TV and video direct"

Did come across it for a little bit less when i was briefly searching the net last night -- If one company starts doing this deal others surely will follow.

Read one thread in here from a guy who said he worked for Pioneer, and he reckoned these company's would be shipping it with a free DVD Recorder at a price between £2500 - £2700 by the end of January!

But this was met with a lot of suspicion from more senior members here.

Gaz

23. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet have agreed to swap out the screen because of the dead pixel. yes it is in the middle of the screen, so no prob with swap out

24. Rcww

Rcww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    On the TV and video direct site it seems that which ever configuration you choose may it be a wall mount or table stand, with PDP-S26-LR or PDP-S22-LR the price is the same.

I thought that the PDP-S26-LR is more expenive than PDP-S22-LR and also the wall bracket is more expensive than the stand.

Would like to hear from anyone who purchased one from there to confirm that is the real price.

25. Gizmo99

Gizmo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The search contines for a XDE media box, anyone ??

Giz

26. Penfolduk

Penfolduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gizmo99
    Im in exactly the same position i have an FDE but need to connect my laptop which is only vga. If i connect with TV out using s-video its crap. I phoned Pioneer and they said "we didnt think people would need that capability :confused: ". hmm, wrong! the FDE and XDE have exactly the same screen which is capable of 1024x768 resolution why would they think no one would want to be able to use this feature for vga. Ive taken the box apart and its the same as the XDE inside except there are components missing off the boards and the 15 pin vga connector isnt there, they have really disapointed me with there money saving tactics :thumbsdow . They wouldnt sell me the XDE box, so i too am hunting the globe for one or a mod to my box.

If you find more than one let me know i will do the same. :lease:

27. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    That won't work. HDMI is digital only, unlike DVI-I which is digital and analogue and thus can accept analogue VGA. Infact, you probably won't even beable to physically connect the cables since a DVI-D female which may be on the DVI/HDMI converter will not accept a DVI-I male.

-Ian

28. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    GIZMO...

Looks like a very useful array of connections there. Looks like everything/anything can connect to it with ease! No need for cumbersome Scart-splitters/switches anymore. I'm beginning to like this Pioneer!

One question.... Those two sockets on the right of the image, (Black White).. What are they for?

Brendan

EDIT:::: DOH! Just done my own search.... It is the connection that goes to the plasma display!! :clown: Don't I feel stupid!

29. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Why did you buy an FDE rather than the XDE then?!?

30. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Hello all

What a mine field - quality retailers and best price don't seem to go hand in hand :)

XDE Media Receivers - not available as a stand alone product; and if they were they would probably cost at least 500.00 GBP.

Gizmo99 - send the FDE back; your never going to resolve this any other way.

PC to HDMI on XDE - not ideal. HDMI is a Video socket and whilst some on the Forums claim to have used all sorts of weird and wonderful PC settings via Powerstrip to connect PC DVI to HDMI your better sticking to an HD15 (VGA) connection between a PC and the XDE Media Receiver.

XDE Bundles - pretty much any Pioneer dealer can offer you the WA, TE and WE bundles; that's the easy bit. The hard bit is actually getting stock from Pioneer UK. :)

Best regards

Joe