1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by seaco, Oct 18, 2004.

1. seaco

seaco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok hello all I'm in a bit of a bind I want to buy a plasma, in my mind I want a good quality picture as things like pixelation really bug me and once I see it I can't help looking for it, I also want the screen to be a bit futureproof and there seems to be the problem, if it was just a matter of picture quality then the Panasonic Viera would I think be my choice, but as you know no HDMI, then there's the new Pioneer 435, haven't heard much good about this but does have HDMI so seems a bit more futureproof...anyone have personal feedback on this screen?

What do you think, which should I go for? by the way it will be used as my only screen so it will have Sky+, DVD, Video (Yes I still use one dinosaur that I am) I have a good sound system so that isn't an issue...

Please help me choose... :lease:

2. thebigkung

thebigkung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The pixelation problems you get are not the fault of the plasma's. It's mainly due to the signal transmitted and it's scaling. Also the further away from the screen you are the less you'll see them!

You really need to see the screens in a similar setup to how you want to view. Try to find a good dealer that can show you the screens with different inputs. eg, sky via RGB, dvd via s and componet. This is the only way you'll be able to see if you (and your other half?) can live with the picture.

I have a 434 and please with it but it took a while to setup and get the adjustments correct. They say it's future proof. but we've yet to find out.
    Mind you I get a cracking picture from my XBOX that had been changed to take advantage it the screens hi def stuff.

Sorry I'm not much help It's late :boring: off to bed!

3. seaco

seaco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    bttt

4. Xstyle

Xstyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    see thread titled:
    "Any happy Pioneer 435 owners "

do a search in the forum, in top right corner u will see the search field when u click on it, and just type "435"