1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435-XDE??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Disc24897, May 17, 2005.

1. Disc24897

Disc24897

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally have found myself in a position to have a decent amount of cash to spend on a decent system for the house... :clap:

Anyway, having seen the Pioneer in action through DVD I'm thoroughly impressed. However, my plasma will need to be multi-purpose being a pretty even mix of TV/DVD/Xbox usage......are there any tales of woe with regards to non-DVD watching on the Pioneer?? I've read of contrast problems with TV channels but I'm unsure of performance of consoles as well.

Anyone have any advice??? It's not set in stone that I'm having the pioneer so any comparable alternatives (HD ready etc) would be considered.

Many thanks in advance from a new poster....

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I can only speak as an owner of an xde, DVD's through HDMI are fantastic, playstation through component inputs, again brilliant, SKY through Scart (use a decent rgb scart), is good on high bitrate channels (skynews, the sports channels), but its woeful on lower quality channels. Freeview (built-in), is about 5-10% better on the decent channels, and pretty much the same on poorer channels.

However the above may vary for owners with diffent sky installations, various aerial set ups, and different cabling.

Its horses for courses really. If you have the time, cash and inclination, MAW or the other AV installers could set something up for you from individual equipment and would better in each medium case mentioned above (bar perhaps HDMI in some cases).

If you want plug and play, an xde or the new 500 series panny is perhaps worth auditioning, there may be others too.

If you more of a tweaker then the separate component method (scalers etc) would perhaps suit better.

3. voxmagna

voxmagna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with deanym. I've been running mine a week now. Don't forget, with the 435 Freeview is digitally integrated into the system so you have 1 remote and don't have the analogue conversions and interfaces degrading a bit of the quality from external boxes. If you run HDMI from a decent player (I'm using the Panni - cheaper and still compatible) you're not going to see much better from any standard def sources.

If you 'open the window' you're going to see more variations in quality - including DvD's still mastering analogue and DTT is quite variable - but it's not the display!

I've used mine in Gallery mode more than I thought for JPEGS, with CF memory always kept fully loaded with pics in the slot. I shoot my still pics (source 4X3) protected for wide viewing, batch resize/crop to 1280X768 from 4 Megapix and the slides in wide are a knockout. Until HD, that's the best you'll see.