1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435 Xde?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shirpa, Apr 1, 2005.

1. shirpa

shirpa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iv been to see the pioneer today and was really impressed with the PQ. The screen was showing hd pictures off a satellite channel. Is the PQ really that bad on sky and freeveiw, really like the look of this screen but some comments on here are putting me off.

2. Mattyboy_W

Mattyboy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The PQ of the 435XDE is excellent providing that your source signal is good. With a decent DVD player (ideally HDMI) and Freeview connected to an aerial with a strong signal you won't be disappointed. And think of the benefits once Sky High Definition arrives next year.

3. shirpa

shirpa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it blew me away today, think ill go for it, cheers mate.

4. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    if sky hd is hdmi and you recommend a hdmi dvd player, how do you connect both at the same time?

5. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    will sky not come with spare hdmi sockets? if not a switch box is available

6. Kier

Kier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    We are all praying that the HD Sky box comes with an HDMI through port so that we can keep our DVD players connected at the same time...

7. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the picture won't look anything remotely like a high-definition demo channel.

its not hard to find a XDE on display with a good aerial signal or even a dedicated Sky box - check it out first, unless you like to gamble with thousands of pounds...I dearly dearly wanted to buy a Pioneer, I love the brightness and colours, but its just not acceptable for me, so you may find the same - sit down (if you can!) and demo the screen for a good hour or so with normal TV - you'll thank yourself, and can buy in peace

or, the more sensible thing is to wait a couple of months and see the new HD contenders from Panasonic, Sony et al and choose between them all.