1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435 XDE - Which Speakers?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stormorbit, May 15, 2005.

1. stormorbit

stormorbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure what to do about speakers for the Pioneer XDE? I have the new Cambridge Azor HI-FI setup, can the Plasma use the Monitor Audio Bronze Speakers or should I buy the Pioneer speakers to go along side the plasma screen? Which is the best way to go?

2. voxmagna

voxmagna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got an XDE. I put it on the Alphason pivot stand. I knew speakers were expensive, would overhang the stand and wife would kick out an enormously wide plasma so I pulled out a pair of black Technics 3 way speakers put spikes on them and sprayed the cabs silver. They sound great for TV at floor level and look wife friendly. I'm going to build a bandpass sub to see what that can do. After that its Dolby X.N deeper pockets, a listening room instead of a lounge and definitely harder to argue for!

PS listening to radio channels via the panel connected speakers will run at 150watts.

Go ahead with your speakers they will sound great.

Regards - VOX

3. stormorbit

stormorbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Vox,
    Thanks a lot for the help, I would be in favour of using the Monitor Audio Speakers so I will give it a go, should work great by the sounds of it, it also save a few hundred quid, I ve already told my wife to be it's only costing £1,700 so I better not spend any more for the moment (Got the 435 XDE for £2500.00)
    Cheers