1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435 screen burn?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jac Reagan, May 3, 2005.

1. Jac Reagan

Jac Reagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently brought the 435xde, while watching a match on sky sports the other night for an hour or so changed channel and noticed quite distinctive image in the corner of the screen of the team scores over dark images.

I had a heart attack, it disapeared after around 30 mins or so, but gives me real cause for concern. Will it always recover if I limit viewing ( of channels with bright logos) to around an hour or is it a really a warning of a possible long term problem?

Has anyone had any bad long term screen burn?

Jac

2. JTR

JTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not a total expert but I have a Pioneer 434, one year old, and have suffered nothing - I was worried last year with the Olympics on BBC all the time with the old red button showing but no long term damage at all.

From what it says on this forum it sounds like the screen takes a little time to settle in ?

3. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    These panels are sticky for the first 200 hrs or so!

The suggestion is to have contrast and brightness low duing this early run in period.

After which any images that are left on screen during a program change will diminish after time (pending how long the still image was present in the first place).

It is nothing to worry about after this time.