1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435 Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by scopero, Apr 5, 2005.

1. scopero

scopero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    I bought myself a Pioneer 435HDG and so far I am very happy. As I am completely new to the Plasma / HDTV world I need your help.

A) I realised that the Pioneer sets comes in all different kind of versions like 435HDG (Singapore, Asia?), 435XDE, 435HDE, 435FDE etc. Are these country specific features or are there differences in the panel as well?

B) I connected my PC (ATI 9700) via DVI-HDMI cable and the picture quality looks great, the only problem is that the effective resolution picture is slightly too big, so the panel crops part of it. I tried to play with powerstrip and resolutions but never really successful. Anybody have some more information? As I understand the native resolution is 1024x768 why can't I run it in this resolution? Anything I miss here?

C) When I watch difference sources (TV, DVD etc.) I am still confused which format to chose.What format settings are u guys using while watching standard TV (4:3), Movies (Cinema or 16:9) ? Any advise appreciated!

Regards
    Andy.

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    A) All 435 screen panels are the same. The difference for Europe is as follows:
    XDE media box has digital terrestrial TV tuner integrated, HDE the same but without digital tuner (just analog). FDE has no PC input VGA connection, no smart card reader/insert, lower quality remote control.... lowest level of features overall.

B) Whenever I try to connect my laptop I can display all the picture information. Is your PC set up at the right output resolution? Not sure otherwise why you have a problem here...

C) For widescreen transmissions like most DVDs the setting is "Full". Provided that you use a digital terrestrial receiver or any satellite transmission including Sky, the setting is "Full" again. The screen will then automatically switch to 4:3 or 16:9 depending on content being broadcasted. Just make sure that in the Option Menu WSS is set to ON and picture aspect ration is set to 4:3 mode.

3. Kier

Kier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    When connecting your laptop, you need to use the VGA port on the front of the media box. The HDMI socket is not designed for PC input, and will not give you the native resolution of the screen, hence why it's cutting stuff off. The VGA port will give you exact 1:1 pixel matching.

For watching TV you will be flicking mostly between Full (16:9 anamorphic), Zoom (16:9 letterbox) and Wide (4:3 progressive stretch to 16:9)