1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 435 pde Palsma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by explorer, Aug 20, 2005.

1. explorer

explorer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have just gone and bought the above and can tell you all that this is a superb plasma, out of the box it was a pain in the butt to set up as I was on my own and really worried about dropping it!!!!!!
    But now I have put the stand together and the set on top, connected the media box and fired it up I find the factory default settings are not bad I only had to turn down the colour to make it look balanced, also the dre needs to go to hi from mid to smarten up the pic. This is my first plasma and I understand that the pic will improve after about 100 hours or so?
    I need to know how much differance decent scarts will make, I run really heavy thick JVC scarts at the moment, I got them years ago and find now that scarts all seem so skinny! Is this because they are poor quality?
    A screen this size, (43) tends to show all the flaws in the broadcast we recieve, I have telewest cable and find the pic, varys a lot in quality and looks most of the time like a video recording, it most prob is actually!
    Today I am going shopping to find cables, I will insist on them being compared in front of me live, in the shop- So if you are in retail and sell cables, take the day off- do yourself a favour if you are near Richmond, surrey! I will report back on who was helpful, what I found in terms of differance and what I bought- so, catch you all soon! :lesson:

2. Blue.Rocket

Blue.Rocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Like the sound of this, , what kinda price did you pay, and where from...

thanks...............

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    There are a few threads on here about the prices for this set, around £2400 for the XDE with speakers and stand plus they are offering 2 free flights to New York at the moment too.

The 436xde is about to come out at £2499, you may have to pay another £100 or so for a stand though, but the specs are looking very interesting!

4. Alan A

Alan A
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget the £150-200 for the speakers as well

5. dodgyd

dodgyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I hope the 435xde swing speakers match the to be released 436, cos I've got a boxed pair that I'll be ebaying :)
    Dave.

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    True.

But remeber the we are talking rrp, and the rrp on the 435 was £3999.99 with a street price of £2800-3000 very soon after launch, so I would expect the 436 with an rrp of £2499.99 to be down to £2k pretty soon, £2300 with stand/bracket and speakers.

7. explorer

explorer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid £2199. from Richer sounds in Kingston, it came with the "free" Speakers to mount side or bottom, and the table top stand also "free"! I presume that the same free items will come with the xde, the only reason I never went for the xde is that I will use a digital feed anyway, Cable for now and sky when they come home! I dont need the freeview channels- I think most people will think that the digital is worth the differance, but when you have the same spec panel-and cable or sky- Why?
    I spent ages researching and think that this is a bargain tv, the Hitatchi 7200 was a close call also, but it dont look so pretty and has less connections. I have no need for the speakers and they are still boxed so I may e bay them myself, as I use Acoustic research 5.1 spkrs and a yamaha sub with the yamaha RX V396 rds Av amp- I am in cinema heaven! Now I need to get the wife out of the house to watch some xxxxx dvds! Growl! ;-) Ha Ha!!!! :smashin:

8. explorer

explorer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pioneer, is briiliant, I cannot fault it so far, x box has been a joy since i bought the plasma, I will now try and get the lead to allow my pc to connect, as I can then be a serious couch bag of spuds :clap: :thumbsup: !

9. explorer

explorer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cables I settled on were monster cables, £60 each and they are fantasic scarts, The differance is amazing, better picture, seems brighter, clearer, and has no ghosting at all- I think you simply have to do the decent thing and upgrade your cables when you have a plasma as you will need the very best input quality and cheapo cables as I had before just lost signal and made the colours bleed over!
    I got them from Currys only because I was too lazy to search for a better price!
    Keep it real!