Pioneer 435 highs !!! Who's well impressed???

R

rajvirdee

In an attempt to restore some balance in the thread 'woes', I have and XDE 435 and have been well impressed.

Having read lots about it on this forum (and the reviews), I was sceptical at best and got ready and prepared for loads of tweaking. I was all expecting to have to pay for proper calibration, etc

However to my astonishment, the PQ out of the box with SKY + and DVDs was magnificent.

I sit about 8 ft away from the screen, and colour banding is not apparent, there is very little blocking (apart from sky home and lesure, etc with limited bandwith), and colours, sharpness and the cinema 'feel' is fantastic.

I haven't really needed to muck around with the settings apart from turning the colour down.

I have been carefull with connections and the sky+ is connected with a good quality rgb scart lead. DVD's are fed through HDMI. I tried VHS (whats that?) and the quality was naff, so its clear that analogue signals don't fare as well, but surely the vast majority of us will be feeding in a digital source.

Add to that the future of HDTV, and this PIO's a sure fire winner. Don't go to JL or Comet and expect this to show the panel to its full potential...

Thats my 2 pence worth!

TOTALLY AGREE :smashin:
The pictures I get using my dv575 through IXOS component are excelent.
The best I ve ever seen on a plasma.(And I ve seen the sony KDE-p42sx1 Mr. Superpixel :laugh: )
I ve compared 2 435's, the one with component and the other with hdmi, side by side and i didn t notice any difference.
Both where outstanding.
Now, the PQ on sat(I don t live in england so I don t have sky), is very good
but I must confess that it s slightly better on some philips with PP and on the sony KDE-p42sx1(Mr.Superpixel:laugh: ).There is a slight difference but not as big as everyone is presenting it.
Overall I m very satisfied from this panel and I think I ve made the right choice. :smashin:

P.S. This is an interesting threat coz by searching in the forum you couldn t find if people in here are satisfied or disapointed from this brilliant screen.
You could just find some random thoughts.
So I call up all 435 owners to write there thoughts. :hiya:

Well..I'm not satisfied with mine...after saving money for years to buy my dream tv, I'm thinking now of selling mine..and that's only after 1 months of use...here is why:
- I watch 90 % sport and 10 % dvd...and sports is not as good quality as I had hoped for such an expensive plasma tv. I'm watching Watford-liverpool now and had to turn it off and instead plugged in my old 28 inch crt tv..now problemes there. And by problemes I mean: noise and smearing..the green grass makes it worse to watch.

- burn in problems: tele text and logoes showing for about 3-4 minutes after switching channels

- when a person is turning his face very fast, his face is getting blury
- the image is not so sharp as expected..the picture is not"jumping towards you"

I could mention a couple of more things, but I don't know how to explain them in English...

It seems only football funs are disapointed from this screen. :)
Well done ianrush.:smashin:

COME ON GUYS.
KEEP IT ROLLIN :clap:

And one more thing..I watched panasonic 37PA next to Pio 435Hde in the shop..and the HD channel Euro1080 was showing...I didn't see anything difference in the picture! Both could handle HD tv..only thing was that panasonic didn't show the hole Euro 1080 logo..the PA30 cost 1,600 pounds..the pio (which I bought) cost 4,000 pounds.. :thumbsdow

Leerock said:
It seems only football funs are disapointed from this screen. :)
Well done ianrush.:smashin:

COME ON GUYS.
KEEP IT ROLLIN :clap:

well...football, handball, alpine skiing..most of the sport is bad

ianrush said:
And one more thing..I watched panasonic 37PA next to Pio 435Hde in the shop..and the HD channel Euro1080 was showing...I didn't see anything difference in the picture! Both could handle HD tv..only thing was that panasonic didn't show the hole Euro 1080 logo..the PA30 cost 1,600 pounds..the pio (which I bought) cost 4,000 pounds.. :thumbsdow

I must agree with you on that ianrush but with a Sat HD signal the Panny is fully fed contrarily with pio (Due to compression).
You ll notice a difference if you hook up both with a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray where both screens will perform on their maximum.

Leerock said:
I must agree with you on that ianrush but with a Sat HD signal the Panny is fully fed contrarily with pio.
You ll notice a difference if you hook up both with a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray where both screens will perform on their maximum.

Ok..but HDTV..when will it arrive? 1 year, 2 years, 3? By that time there will have come better HDTV plasma tv on the marked and much cheaper also...I think...

ianrush said:
Ok..but HDTV..when will it arrive? 1 year, 2 years, 3? By that time there will have come better HDTV plasma tv on the marked and much cheaper also...I think...

:) God
You must be really indignant :laugh: :laugh:

Leerock said:
:) God
You must be really indignant :laugh: :laugh:

well..after paying 4,200 pounds for a telly...I would expect a telly without problems at all! Wouldn't you agree?

Ian,
have you considered having ISF calibration performed on your Pioneer? Why not p.m Gordan@Convergent av? He is an expert in these matters & maybe able to advise you on how to correct these anomalies.

Dan :)

ianrush said:
well..after paying 4,200 pounds for a telly...I would expect a telly without problems at all! Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah I agree ianrush and thank god i m not a sports fun. :)
But if I were you I would take account of danny's suggestion.

danny daniell said:
Ian,
have you considered having ISF calibration performed on your Pioneer? Why not p.m Gordan@Convergent av? He is an expert in these matters & maybe able to advise you on how to correct these anomalies.

Thanx..but do you think that will help? I'm afraid its a" pioneer problem" As I have mentioned before I watched football on Eurosport on a philips 9966 and mine pio 435 HDE..the philips tv had no problems...What about when HDTV arrives? Will it still have problems showing football/sports you think?

Leerock said:
Yeah I agree ianrush and thank god i m not a sports fun. :)
But if I were you I would take account of danny's suggestion.

hehe...just watched Liverpool getting to the final beeting Watford..So I am a happy man at the monent...it looked great on my old 28 inch tv...

ianrush said:
hehe...just watched Liverpool getting to the final beeting Watford..So I am a happy man at the monent...it looked great on my old 28 inch tv...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have no issues with sports including Football, and certainly have never wanted or needed to resort to my crt!

THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO BE FOR POSITIVE COMMENTS PLEASE, USE THE OTHER THREAD 'WOES' FOR THE REST!

rajvirdee said:
I have no issues with sports including Football, and certainly have never wanted or needed to resort to my crt!

THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO BE FOR POSITIVE COMMENTS PLEASE, USE THE OTHER THREAD 'WOES' FOR THE REST!

:thumbsdow

rajvirdee said:

I m afraid rajvirdee we re not going to find others with possitive comments.
It s just me and you. :laugh: :laugh:

ianrush said:
Thanx..but do you think that will help? I'm afraid its a" pioneer problem" As I have mentioned before I watched football on Eurosport on a philips 9966 and mine pio 435 HDE..the philips tv had no problems...What about when HDTV arrives? Will it still have problems showing football/sports you think?

As i said in my previous post, Gordan or Joe Fernand would be best qualified to answer this query. Personally, my panel doesnt suffer from this image lag....if it did,my missus would be the first person to point it out to me! especially after parting with the best part of £4,000! She has stayed silent so far,so i guess the t.v gets the thumbs up :laugh: .any problems with Sky SD have been laid the foot of the scart input on the Pioneer media box....i presume that Hd football will be piped via the HDMI connection & so in theory should produce a superior picture. I am sure that Joe or Gordon will put me straight if i am wrong!

Leerock said:
I m afraid rajvirdee we re not going to find others with possitive comments.
It s just me and you. :laugh: :laugh:

and me! (Well, a happy 434 owner!)

danny daniell said:
As i said in my previous post, Gordan or Joe Fernand would be best qualified to answer this query. Personally, my panel doesnt suffer from this image lag....if it did,my missus would be the first person to point it out to me! especially after parting with the best part of £4,000! She has stayed silent so far,so i guess the t.v gets the thumbs up :laugh: .any problems with Sky SD have been laid the foot of the scart input on the Pioneer media box....i presume that Hd football will be piped via the HDMI connection & so in theory should produce a superior picture. I am sure that Joe or Gordon will put me straight if i am wrong!

I believe if he try to play a dvd with footy material he will get an idea how sky hd will look like.
Am I right?

ianrush said:

YAWN - no offence Ian but I've gotten a bit tired of your anti-Pio posts of late, give it a break, mate! :smashin:

ianrush,

You have my sympathies and everyone is entitled to expect good quality for their money.

However, the problems with burn-in effect from static images and difficulty in displaying fast-moving colourful scenes (i.e. sport) are known limitations of plasma technology in general.

If Pioneer had claimed to solve these inherent plasma technology issues, then I could understand your claims, but unless Pioneer is doing a significantly worse job than equivalent size and price plasmas then you seem a bit harsh in your criticisms.

I would suggest that if you watch 90% sport, and use teletext a lot, then a plasma TV was the wrong technology choice. You may find rear projection a better compromise from CRT.

I'm actually speaking on my brothers behalf, since its he who just got the 435xde, but it is excellent. Cant really understand the comments about sports looking poor on it, as i've sat and watched (all through the digital tuner), football, tennis and horse racing, and all looked fine. And this is from someone used to a 32" CRT. :smashin:

Only gripe is that there is no apparent way to turn off the interactive red dot, if viewing through the digital tuner. Pioneer reckon theres no way either (from the supplied remote at least)

overall, well pleased

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom