Pioneer 435/436/505/506-SXE/RXE/FDE/XDE - FAQ Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to but in on this......

I have the PDP-506XDE and mine developed screen burn one year after running in!

I have no problem whatsoever with skyone logos :suicide:etc.
What I do have is permanent screen burn from my wife consistently "pausing" with the sky hd.

I have tried the screenwash for 3 nights solid, faded slightly but still there.

Any ideas or am I just stuffed??

:suicide:

Sorry to but in on this......

I have the PDP-506XDE and mine developed screen burn one year after running in!

I have no problem whatsoever with skyone logos :suicide:etc.
What I do have is permanent screen burn from my wife consistently "pausing" with the sky hd.

I have tried the screenwash for 3 nights solid, faded slightly but still there.

Any ideas or am I just stuffed??

:suicide:
I have one 506XDe also and it was a great screen, but very susceptible to screen burn, i have the axn logo and did wash out for almost 2 weeks and never goes away.
Note: do the screen wash in dynamic mode.

You REALLY also need to address the root cause to avoid happening again..!! :lesson: Teach her please... :D unacceptable "behaviour":nono::nono::cool:

Tell me about it I have a 436XDE that was built after the point where they had resolved some of the issues. I ran it on all the lower settings (much to the amusement of all my friends) I then set at the recommended settings but I still get screen burn from the Sky Pause and BBC News time clock in the morning.

Just need to educate :lesson: as you say the wife and the kids that pausing and going off to have breakfast for half an hour is not acceptable :nono:

Having said that I have given up now on that as its too much grief. That and my youngest decided to attack the screen with various play tools. One managing to leave a 2 inch scratch. Fortunately you cant' see it from normally sitting position. I give up :( guess my resale value has dropped somewhat :(

Tell me about it I have a 436XDE that was built after the point where they had resolved some of the issues. I ran it on all the lower settings (much to the amusement of all my friends) I then set at the recommended settings but I still get screen burn from the Sky Pause and BBC News time clock in the morning.

Just need to educate :lesson: as you say the wife and the kids that pausing and going off to have breakfast for half an hour is not acceptable :nono:

Having said that I have given up now on that as its too much grief. That and my youngest decided to attack the screen with various play tools. One managing to leave a 2 inch scratch. Fortunately you cant' see it from normally sitting position. I give up :( guess my resale value has dropped somewhat :(
????? I am amazed you can actually write these comments witohut screaming:eek: :eek::eek:You should not give up. You should persevere and teach all ... what is right as I did with mine from day one ... years ago from the day the first 433 came in the house!

Sorry if this is a daft question and its prob been asked many times before, I have had a quick search but didnt fancy readin 70 pages :rolleyes:.

In short is it possible to connect a source to a Pioneer PDP-506PE without the media box? IE direct into the dvi port?

Regards.
Stuart.

No, it's not possible to use the panel without the Media box.

No, it's not possible to use the panel without the Media box.

I'm afraid I have to coroborate what Jeffers says - no media box, no picture :(

Hello guys !

Great forum here.

I have the opportunuty to buy a Pio 436RXE for 550 euros or a Panasonic 42PX80 for a little more.

Which one should I buy? Anyone had a chance to see them both ?

I know Pioneer 436 was very good in it's time, but there is a 2 generations gap between them.

Thanks
Mike

Has anyone been able to "Hack" their Pio to get round the lack of an Optical output when the input source is HDMI. (Copyright Protection Allegedly)

This really bugs me, my AV amp only has 2 Optical I/Ps so I feed everything into my TV and just connect one optical cable from the TV to my Amp.

This works perfectly for every source except HDMI and as my HMDI sources is increasing the problem will only get worse !

I have seen an optical breakout box on ebay that might let me extract the optical from the HDMI, so I could feed all my HDMI's through a switch box, then extract the optical to feed to the amp, but what a palaver to have to go to :mad:

I can't beleive I'm the only person suffering in this way ?

Regards, Dave.

Has anyone been able to "Hack" their Pio to get round the lack of an Optical output when the input source is HDMI. (Copyright Protection Allegedly)

This really bugs me, my AV amp only has 2 Optical I/Ps so I feed everything into my TV and just connect one optical cable from the TV to my Amp.

This works perfectly for every source except HDMI and as my HMDI sources is increasing the problem will only get worse !

I have seen an optical breakout box on ebay that might let me extract the optical from the HDMI, so I could feed all my HDMI's through a switch box, then extract the optical to feed to the amp, but what a palaver to have to go to :mad:

I can't beleive I'm the only person suffering in this way ?

Regards, Dave.

If you are connecting everything to the TV you will only be getting stereo. It can only receive stereo over scart etc and so the optical when it's fed back to the amp will be stereo and you will only be able to do Pro Logic or a variant of it at best.

Most people would hook up their devices directly to the amp so as to get the full sound whether its Dolby Digital from Sky or DVD etc. so they probably don't suffer from it too much.

That's a good point, so it looks like I will have to use Plan B and go for one of these optical extractors off ebay.

The only alternative would be to replace my Yamaha AV amp and I really don’t want the expense or hassle of doing that.

Thanks Dave.

That's a good point, so it looks like I will have to use Plan B and go for one of these optical extractors off ebay.

The only alternative would be to replace my Yamaha AV amp and I really don’t want the expense or hassle of doing that.

Thanks Dave.

Do you have a coax digital input on your amp and if so can you use that? That way you only need to buy a coax lead.

What's the model of the amp and what are you trying to plug in?

I see where you're going but I've already been down that route.

Amp = Yamaha DSP-A2 (2 optical & 1 Coax) I think from memory.

(there is also an Optical I/O pair that is connected to my mini disc recorder)

I now have 4 HDMI boxes (Sky, Freesat, Apple & DVD)

I also have my old pioneer DVD / VHS box which is currently using the Coax I/P

I also have a DAB with optical out using one of the 2 Optical I/Ps, that leaves me one optical I/P for the TV.

Also I really did not want to keep on changing the AV amp input everytime I select a different source on the TV - I know I'm being lazy but hey !

Dave.

I see where you're going but I've already been down that route.

Amp = Yamaha DSP-A2 (2 optical & 1 Coax) I think from memory.

(there is also an Optical I/O pair that is connected to my mini disc recorder)

I now have 4 HDMI boxes (Sky, Freesat, Apple & DVD)

I also have my old pioneer DVD / VHS box which is currently using the Coax I/P

I also have a DAB with optical out using one of the 2 Optical I/Ps, that leaves me one optical I/P for the TV.

Also I really did not want to keep on changing the AV amp input everytime I select a different source on the TV - I know I'm being lazy but hey !

Dave.

Your A2 should have 4 optical in and 2 co-ax so you should be able to plug everything with a bit. (according to the specs)

I am also lazy so got a learning remote to do a macro when switching sources so both the amp and the tv switch. Your A2 remote should be able to do this for you if you haven't got one.

How would buying the 'optical extractor' help. Wouldn't you need one for each HDMI source? A new remote could be cheaper.

Alternatively splash out and buy a shiney new Yammy Z7. :smashin: (If only I could afford one)

Hello guys !
I have the opportunuty to buy a Pio 436RXE for 550 euros or a Panasonic 42PX80 for a little more. Which one should I buy?
You should go for the 42PX80, mate. Sure the 436XDE is great but a brand new (I'm assuming) Panny makes far more sense today & it too is a great set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom