Pioneer 435/436/505/506-SXE/RXE/FDE/XDE - FAQ Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, thanks.

Can you tell me how to "force" 1080p/24hz?

Which menus, etc?

Cheers.

Steve W

It's one of the options on the PS3 main menu (I think it's within Blu-ray video settings or something similar). Fairly easy to find if you hunt around.

Great, thanks.

Can you tell me how to "force" 1080p/24hz?

Which menus, etc?

Cheers.

Steve W

Hi mate. :)
You might as well have the whole lot for your Pioneer. :D
PS3
BD/DVD Settings
BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) AUTO.
Cinema Conversion Automatic
DVD Upscaler NORMAL SCREEN
BD 1080p/24Hz Output Automatic

DISPLAY SETTINGS

Video Output Resolution > HDMI Automatic.
Cross Colour Filter OFF
RGB Full Range Limited
Super White HDMI OFF
:thumbsup:

Hi,

I have a Pio 436 XDE I think its Nov 05. I am living in the Republic but I bought it in Richer Sounds Northern Ireland in Feb/Jan 06.

So now for the dilemma, I am getting Sky HD installed next week and dont know whether to risk connecting via the HDMI cable to my Pio? I am worried using the HDMI cable will damage the media box. I know Pioneer will fix the box outside of the warranty but this seems to be only for UK residents! I have tried to contact them to see if the Republic is covered but am awaiting a reply!

I have tried to read all 60 odd pages but cant seem to pin point if there is a huge difference between HDMi and component? From what I can see there isnt so maybe I should just use a component cable!

I also have a HDMI switch which I could use, would this stop the problem hitting the media box because Sky HD isnt connected directly to it?

I was also thinking of connecting the Sky HD to my Pio receiver via HDMI but this would obviously require my receiver to be on everytime I watch Sky!

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Branners

Have I missed something? Are you saying there is a known problem with the HDMI input of Sky HD and the 436??

Hi,

I have a Pio 436 XDE I think its Nov 05. I am living in the Republic but I bought it in Richer Sounds Northern Ireland in Feb/Jan 06.

So now for the dilemma, I am getting Sky HD installed next week and dont know whether to risk connecting via the HDMI cable to my Pio? I am worried using the HDMI cable will damage the media box. I know Pioneer will fix the box outside of the warranty but this seems to be only for UK residents! I have tried to contact them to see if the Republic is covered but am awaiting a reply!

I have tried to read all 60 odd pages but cant seem to pin point if there is a huge difference between HDMi and component? From what I can see there isnt so maybe I should just use a component cable!

Have I missed something? Are you saying there is a known problem connecting Sky HD to the 436??

I also have a HDMI switch which I could use, would this stop the problem hitting the media box because Sky HD isnt connected directly to it?

I was also thinking of connecting the Sky HD to my Pio receiver via HDMI but this would obviously require my receiver to be on everytime I watch Sky!

Branners

Have I missed something? Are you saying there is a known problem with the HDMI input of Sky HD and the 436??

There was, it's all fixed now. I don't know of any reported problems since Pioneer released a letter to it customer advising that it is now OK to connect the SKY HD box to Pioneer Media box via HDMI

I've had mine connected now for over nearly 12 months, I have 506.

Hi,

Branners

:hiya: It's all fixed now, there was a separate thread some time ago

I have my 506 media box connected directly to the SKY HD box. I haven't had any problems.

Thanks for the replies, but how did they fix the problem?

I dont understand how they can fix the problem without making a change to my media box :confused:

Plaver how old is your 506 media box?

Thanks for the replies, but how did they fix the problem?

I dont understand how they can fix the problem without making a change to my media box :confused:

Plaver how old is your 506 media box?

:hiya:
My 506 was delivered on 31st May 2006 from Memory it was a Feb 06 build, I'm not 100% certain without taking the my panel of the wall.

Have a read through the following threads,
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393268
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390386
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372137

From memory neither Sky or Pioneer would admit they were at fault although other manufactures of LCD and Plasma Panels were effected when they were connected via HDMI from the SKY HD box.

The above threads should be of some help..

I will have a good read of the threads, I have read one or two of them already but not from start to finish!

cheers,

Branners

I will have a good read of the threads, I have read one or two of them already but not from start to finish!

The saga evolved over time here, mate:

http://www.pioneerhdblog.com/

Rest assured it's all fixed now, I was quite impressed with Pioneer's regular updates at the time ;)

K.

If I was you I would connect via the following

Sky Box to 506 via HDMI
PS3 to 506 via HDMI
DVD to 506 Via Component

I have Denon 4306 and I connect the PS3 and DVD to the 4306 via HDMI, HDMI to 506

My SKY HD box is connected direct to the 506.

PQ is excellent :smashin:. Hope this hleps

I have just purchased a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray player, but as it's not multi-region for normal dvd's I still need to keep my Pioneer DV-696. I would like to use just the one HDMI cable on the Sony (due to underfloor wiring) and a set of Component cables (already there) for the Pioneer dvd player. However the pioneer will only play through component to my 506 (on input 2) as long as the HDMI cable is still connected? as soon as i take it out to put it in the Sony the picture disappears but the sound is still there? input 2 on the 506 is selected to "component" and the hdmi usually plays on input 4, when the hdmi is connected to the Sony it plays no probs. Any ideas? it would just save the hassle of trying to feed another hdmi cable under the floor and the component cables are high quality ones.

I have just purchased a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray player, but as it's not multi-region for normal dvd's I still need to keep my Pioneer DV-696. I would like to use just the one HDMI cable on the Sony (due to underfloor wiring) and a set of Component cables (already there) for the Pioneer dvd player. However the pioneer will only play through component to my 506 (on input 2) as long as the HDMI cable is still connected? as soon as i take it out to put it in the Sony the picture disappears but the sound is still there? input 2 on the 506 is selected to "component" and the hdmi usually plays on input 4, when the hdmi is connected to the Sony it plays no probs. Any ideas? it would just save the hassle of trying to feed another hdmi cable under the floor and the component cables are high quality ones.

I can't really answer your question, the 506 is strange on it's connections, the best thing to do is have look through the manual at chapter 13. This chapter details what connections you can use with different equipment etc. Sorry I can't be more help, if you don't have the maual you can't download it here http://www.service.pioneer-eur.com/peeservice/RegistrInstrMan.nsf/search?openform&Modelnr=506

506 XDE Media Reciver started getting noisey....

Does anyone have any experience of a noisy media receiver - seems now after 3 years mine is noiser than my sky hd box :eek: any thoughts or suggestions ?

506 XDE Media Reciver started getting noisey....

Does anyone have any experience of a noisy media receiver - seems now after 3 years mine is noiser than my sky hd box :eek: any thoughts or suggestions ?
It could be full of dust (around the fan) and needs a clean.

Hi, a friend has a 436XDE and its suffering screen burn from a games console. Any tips or remedies ?

Cheers

Tony

Hi, a friend has a 436XDE and its suffering screen burn from a games console. Any tips or remedies ?

Cheers

Tony

:hiya:There is one cheap way and that's disconnect the TV Ariel lead so that screen displays white noise, leave that on the screen for few hours that should clear up the screen.

I have know some people leave it on over night.

:hiya:There is one cheap way and that's disconnect the TV Ariel lead so that screen displays white noise, leave that on the screen for few hours that should clear up the screen.

Thanks m8, will pass that on.

Tony

Hi, i have a pio 506XDE and last night it won't power up.
The plasma and media box both have the standy by light on.
Anyone know what could be the problem?

Regards,

Hi, i have a pio 506XDE and last night it won't power up.
The plasma and media box both have the standy by light on.
Anyone know what could be the problem?

Regards,

Are the lights flashing?

Solved.,

ok anyone experience this problem overnight media receiver light starts flashing blue 12 times or overnight when you try and power on the tv says plasma warming up please wait and does nothing else. you have to unplug media receiver from the outlet for a minute or so then it works fine?:mad:

Thanks m8, will pass that on.

Tony

did this work.??...i've got a bit of screen burn after playing with proevo a bit too much.....:suicide:

did this work.??...i've got a bit of screen burn after playing with proevo a bit too much.....:suicide:

When I've had some screen burn or retention it normally goes by watching normal TV programs but sometimes white noise is needed to get rid of stubborn screen burn/retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom