1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 434hde seen it today

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andya, Oct 17, 2003.

1. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    whent to the what video show in manchester and saw the 42 and 50 inch screens .here is my opinion love the style of the plasma the black piano finish doest reflect light like i thought it mite the on screen menu is very well laid out and clear .only thing i wish they had included was a screen burn function like an orbitor mode or screen wipe.nothing like this is available i asked one of the pioneer people about it and all they said was you will have to be careful.i thought not the sort of answer i wanted.anyway with the new hdmi dvd player connected the picture quility was better than any plasma so far.when he had a qed component cable worth £300 connected the picture quility wasnt as good dont get me wrong it wasnt bad but no were near as good as the hdmi.i asked how much were the hdmi dvd players and he said only about £600 for the cheapest model.ok with hdmi great without not bad thats my opinion,am a bit stuck on what to do ,out of everything i saw today the sony hs20 lcd projector put everything to shame amazing machine .was a bit dissapointed with some of the big companys lack of knowledge of some of the products on show ,but cant really complain a great show and only £3 to get in and the blacks were improved on the pioneer which was good to see.having no screen burn functions has put me of a little bit but after seeing the sony projector i may have to go that root .i must say i didnt think any of the other plasmas came close to the pioneer so for most people the pioneer will be the clear winner high definition stuff was amazing but in japan thats the norm.so about £3800 for the pio without speakers and tabletop stand and another £600 for a hdmi dvd player when there available =£4400 or sony projector about £1700 and screen electric £500 =£2200 what do i do just cant make my mind up again

2. hawkinm

hawkinm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andya
    I used to be indecisive,
    but now I'm not so sure...............

seriously speaking I've got one of these on order, so whilst I'm sure I've made the right decision, its always nice to hear others back that up...

rgds
    Mark

3. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    hawkinm

The pioneer sounds a big improvement on th last models but No anti screen burn,there is no way i would by a plasma without it, shame on you pioneer :thumbsdow

DVD

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    dvd

I have to disagree and agree at one and the same time - as you say seems a daft omission with so many other neat functions on the HDE a screen saver would have been easy.

Having used an 03 HDE at home for a year I've never once had to use any sort of screen saver - and in our house I'm always finding the 'end of recording' page on the SKY+ box left on screen.

One point to note being that the Pioneers do have an auto off facility that you can set to predetermined times.

Also with the 04 HDE and a Digital camera its pretty easy to create a screen saver - simply take a picture of an all white bit of card and then stick your smart card in the Media Box's smart card reader and run that slide for 10 minutes!

Best regards

Joe

5. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217

Simple but a great idea :smashin:

DVD :cool:

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    DVD

It's usually best if I stick to the simple ones :)

Joe

7. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Heheheh ;)

Good thinking though Joe.. the initial post had me worried about the no screensaver thing but as you say that is such a simple thing to do. What format of cards does the smart card reader take?