1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434HDE Repair experience.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tony Fisher, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Tony Fisher

Tony Fisher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone else had their 434 HDE fail yet. My power supply caused the mains input filter to arc inside and cause a loud clicking noise to come from the rear of the screen. 5 months old and was given a telephone number to ring by my local dealer for Barran McCann. "Who" was my response, never heard of them. So I rang Pioneer who said that all thier repairs go to them. Three weeks later I finally recieved my screen back in working order although the whole experience has left me feeling somewhat let down. Paying a premium price for a premium product and getting a second rate service!

2. LeeT

LeeT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did they not leave you with a replacement panel whilst yours was being repaired? I had a Fujitsu 4224 before my 504HDE and one of the fans went in it, the 3rd party maintainer left me a panel on a deskmount for the two weeks it was away.

Have you expressed your dissatisfaction with the service you have recieved to the Pioneer Customer Relations team? If so what has been their response?

3. Tony Fisher

Tony Fisher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I spoke to Pioneer after booking a date for Barran McCann to pick up the display and Pioneer said that they should leave a loaner for the repair period. I then went back to Barran McCann who said that they did not have any spare displays left, however if I wanted a replacment then the date would go back. What is the point in that, it still leaves you without a display for a period of time.
    I also passed some comments onto the Customer Relations department at Pioneer and they said they would pass them on! Hmmm!!