pioneer 434HDE pros/cons

Blu-rayx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
:hiya:

My Fujitsu P42HHS30 is going back after 4 weeks,basically this screen is crap :thumbsdow

I'm now going for the pioneer 434HDE.

This screen has been out for a few month now so i would like to know what are the pros/cons about this screen.

THIS QUESTION IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE THIS SCREEN SETUP AT HOME :thumbsup:

DVD :)

Urotsukidoji,

1) 95% of the time colour banding on the slightest movement(this drove me up the wall)

2) light and dark areas on the screen

3)Watching dark movies eg From Hell, green pixels dancing all over the screen(if i want a firework display I'll wait until November 5th:D).

DVD

I have been pleased with mine since January but pros/cons are

Black level at times on darker movies (I used to think it was fantastic till I came on this forum!)

Video switching times can be a pain but then with a freeview box this is not a problem channel hoping.

I don't have any of the loud buzzing/ fan noise problems.

DVI connection has improved my previous picture no end.

Picture card reader is a real bonus with slide show for digital pictures.

flexible inputs to media box.

I enjoyed the minimal amount of cables to the screen to bury them in the wall.

Black surround still looks a million dollars.
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/alancolledge/DSCF0062.jpg
Very flexible picture adjustments in an easy to use menu.

Overall I am still very happy with the panel and if I had to make the same decision even after the information from the forum I would still go for the Pioneer.:thumbsup:

alancolledge,

Great setup :smashin:

Thanks for your pros/cons views :thumbsup:

DVD :) :smashin:

:offtopic:

Was there any point in starting this thread :suicide:

DVD

I've tidied the thread up a little. Any futher problems, contact a moderator.

DVD

You may also want to consider the Pioneer 43MXE1 units due in June - no HDCP on the DVI-D input (for now) though at just over £3k for the display you could add an Aurora A304-HDCP card and still have change out of £4k.

The minimalist approach of the MXE1 may be a better match with your future plans and whilst it shares common technology with the 04HDE there are one or two features (such as Frame Rate Conversion menu options) that may make this a better unit for you.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom