1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434HDE, PiP and PC input

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chrishow, Jun 17, 2004.

1. chrishow

chrishow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer PDP 434 HDE and I’m struggling with the picture in picture function. Input 1 on the media box is my Sky Plus and connected to the PC input is a WinXP PC.

I’m trying to have the main picture with the PC input and in the small secondary picture as my Sky+ input. (And vice versa)

All I seem to achieve is the PC as the picture and channel 1 as the secondary input. Seeing as I don’t have anything configured on channel 1, this channel is blank. All my TV signal comes through input 1 from the Sky+. When I try to change the input when in PiP mode, I receive the error: Cannot change the channel.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Chris

2. chrishow

chrishow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has been a while now... just wondering if anyone new here has figured out how to get PiP working with the PC input on the Pioneer 434 HDE?

3. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It works OK on mine. I switch to the PC input on the main screen (using the PC button), then use the PiP button (to the right of the PC button) to get a little screen in the bottom right corner of the plamsa.

I then use the Right Arrow button to move to the little screen, and select an Input from there (my Sky+ is Input 1). The whole screen goes black for a second and then everything is OK (PC in the main window, and SKY+ in the little window)

If this isn't working for you maybe its a refresh rate thing (I use 60, 70 and 75Hz

Mike

4. chrishow

chrishow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike,

Thanks very much for you response, it work like a dream now! :clap:

I was missing out the ‘Right Arrow’ button step, therefore changing the main source to Sky+ and overriding the PC input.

Thanks again :thumbsup: