1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434HDE Image Clipped (Zoomed)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Marc Logan, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Marc Logan

Marc Logan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem started over the weekend with my 434HDE. When turning on the equipment i.e. av amp, sky+ box and plasma media box the image when it appears is zoomed in or clipped. So much so that you can just pick out the sky banner at the bottom of the screen. If I then cycle through the teletext button (three presses) and return to full screen the problem resets. Obvious I now don't want to cycle through teletext every time I turn on. The only feed to the media box is via scart from the av amp. I have connected directly from the sky+ box but does the same thing. Also if you change from AV1 to AV2 and the back to AV1 again the image again becomes clipped.
    Contacted Pioneer via email but no answer can anyone help please?

2. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has the 434 been behaving for some time beforehand Marc?

I had a similar 'problem' during the initial setup of my 434, but it's all OK now.

It's all in a setting somewhere - do you have the Media Box connected to an external aerial? Having the aerial connected enabled me to run the auto-setup command and all seemed well after running that.

Just a thought!

3. Marc Logan

Marc Logan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the idea, I have had the set for about 8 months and it has only just started to happen. I have no terrestial signal going to the media box only scart from the av amp. I'll try and connect a portable aerial and see if I can do a auto setup and see what happens.

4. Marc Logan

Marc Logan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connected an aerial and ran the auto-setup. Once finsihed changed to AV1 and the image was still clipped. Any other ideas anyone?