Pioneer 434 WORTH IT?

G

ggp159

I am having trouble deciding on this one. I have heard so many good things from the reviews in magazines and divided opinions(not that much really) from these forums. I just want to watch DVD 480p/576p, play 480p/720p from my US Xbox and 1080i from D-VHS Theater. And off-air TV. I was particularly worried about the thread "Pio434 radical settings" with people saying that the faces look pushed towards the glass and stuff like that. Are those isolated incidents or more general? Please help Costas, Gordon everybody else that owns one of these screens. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the answers in advance.

I have one of these screens and I can confirm that with DVD and the higher bit rate SKY channels (the main movie channels) that the PQ is stunning:p

However, if you watch a lot of football you will be disappointed with the picture. The players lack definition and IMO the picture is only just watchable:mad:

Channel 5 (due to high bit rate looks amazing). All in all im pleased with the panel....but i dont think ill be watching much football from now on (unless its on channel 5 :rotfl: )

ROLL ON HDTV

Re-read my thread "Pio 434...radical settings".

Then go to a reputable dealer who is prepared to demonstrate the panel's ability to display an image from both DVD AND Sky/+ AND terrestrial TV.
Take a couple of your own DVD's which you are familiar with you to use in the demo.
Try to view the demo at the same distance from the screen as you would view at home.
If you spend more time watching Sky/+ or terrestrial TV broadcasts than DVD, make sure you devote sufficient time reviewing the panel's performance with these sources.
Then if possible compare the performance with another top flight plasma, ie Panny w6.
Investigate the off-board picture processing options compatible with those screens in order to have an upgrade path (ie HDMI or separate off-board scaler).

Decide which image gives you most pleasure.

drago.d

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom