pioneer 434 v Fujitsu

Blu-rayx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
:hiya:

I'm on the look out for a new plasma but i don't know which one to go for :confused:

ps

MAW,
i know you're not a big fan of Fujitsu but i still welcome your comments :D

DVD

Au contraire mate. It's ALIS I don't like. I sell fujitsu, it has a good warranty, and good quality control. VHA30 might easily suit you. I don't like the HDE pioneers much, I think they are 1/2 finished. So much more they could have done with the digital connection.

In there like a whippet :D

what about the P42HHA30ES or the new P42HHS30ES

DVD

ALIS, disgusting, overpriced, get another hitachi, the same except for warranty, and I have my suspicions they reject more glass in quality control. Just a theory, no proof of any kind, except what you know about. That has never happened with Fujitsu I'm sure. I have asked.

Originally posted by MAW
ALIS, disgusting, overpriced, get another hitachi, the same except for warranty, and I have my suspicions they reject more glass in quality control. Just a theory, no proof of any kind, except what you know about. That has never happened with Fujitsu I'm sure. I have asked.

:confused:

DVD

MAW,

What plasma do you like :cool:

DVD :)

DVD

The NEW Pioneer 43MXE-1 looks at interesting proposition - and that's before we stick a price ticket on them at just over £3k :)

Initial shipments will be June 04 with both Charcoal and Silver bezels available in the first batch (I'm told).

Order now!!!

Best regards

Joe

DVD, I'll second that, or a Panasonic HD, or VHA30, or PW6, NEC, anything but Korean or alis. I reserve my real venom for all things Korean

Pioneer have made a plasma just over £3k :eek:

Joe, what are the Specifications :)

DVD

Joe Fernand
The NEW Pioneer 43MXE-1 looks at interesting proposition - and that's before we stick a price ticket on them at just over £3k

Just over £3k? I was under the impression that they would be costing closer to £3500!

Just over £3k would make it very good VFM indeed! :smashin:

Well I have just bought the Fujitsu P42HSS30 and love it - personally I think the AVM plus has the best movement I have seen in a plasma and all in the picture is very natural with a huge amount of adjustment in fine mode.
It also has a very good contrast level resulting in a strong vivid image which is incredibly revealing but doesn't rip pictures apart like some of the high def screens.
Using a Denon DVDA11 with DVI-D it looks simply stunning.

My main gripe with the HHA30 which I almost bought was its lack of connectivity- Scart board only (older HHA10 had better options) whereas the HHS30 has DVI-D, 3 Scart (all RGB compat), vga, 2 x component and so on ( although no RS232 so no good for Crestron / AMX - very strange ommission)

In comparison with other screens:

Pioneer - older models too grainy and grey looking (I used to own a 433HDE (43") which was good at the time.
All the new Pioneers I have seen and installed have looked fairly good with HDMI but awful with Sky digital and Freeview(very artificial motion which is very hard to eliminate with the Pioneers settings).
Interestingly some panels have looked better than others so there may be some inconsistency there.

Hitachi - I like these a lot as a budget alternative, good value although the build quality isn't as slick as the Fujitsu and despite using the same glass the picture isn't as vibrant as the Fujitsu.
Add to this the fact that the first few I have seen all had pixels out on various parts of the screen which are apparently 'within tolerance' then I have to question the quality of the product.

(The Fujitsu has a white screen option and I couldn't find a single pixel out)

Toshiba / Panansonic - Good low def screens good black levels at the expense of slight detail loss - good for todays formats although I believe Panasonic are probably clearing out their low def stock to us as everyone else has gone high def which I believe will catch on here very fast - there is already plenty of demand for a format better than DVD.

Panasonic reliablility is not as good as it should be - too many problems and rubbish backup by them (Fujitsu offer 2 yr on-site warranty).
Panasonic High Def is very nice in the States but not released here so even worse backup.

LG / Samsung - too many probs / weird connections and rubbish backup, although probably good value if you don't have any problems

Sony - expensive and nothing special unless you like the look of them aesthetically.

Philips - ok, problems with receiver boxes , older screens, I'm not a big natural motion fan which I believe they use on their latest screens.

Other manufacturers - haven't tried them, don't want to.

All in - plasma isn't perfect although the Fujitsu P42HHS30 is the best I've seen so far.

Hi cmo,

Thanks for your input :smashin:

How much did you pay for your Fujitsu P42HHS30 & what is the Contrast ratio ?

DVD :)

Dvd,

Couldn't possibly say on price as I work in the industry (although it wasn't price that influenced my decision - we work with a lot of plasmas and both myself and my colleague own Fujitsus - maybe thats a recommendation in itself)

Horrible suspicion SRP is around £5k although its very new - this may seem expensive compared to rivals although in its defence connectivity is unrivalled (audio caters for both analogue and digital inputs ) and de-interlacer (essential for Sky or Freeview) is Faroudja DCDi.

I'm not sure of the contrast ratio (spec not given) although it is definitely higher than the previous P42HHS10.

Remember contrast ratio is a very dodgy figure to go on as each manufacturer seems to measure it slightly differently and Panasonic will give you a figure which defies belief.

In practice its very good with better black levels than before (also note that the picture settings in fine mode allow you to adjust both the black level and luminance - the set has some 8 user defineable picture setting memories so a tweekers dream).

Best get yourself a DVE disc for this one although the out the box settings are pretty good.

So why the move from the 42PMA 400E - perfectly respectable plasma and it can't be that old?

In all truth you'd have to go to something like the Fujitsu to get a worthwhile improvement.
Its interesting that in the States Fujitsu is generally considered to be the luxury product rated in many cases to be better than the competition and in a lot of cases Panasonic.

By the way I also never liked the early Alis panels that Fujitsu produced although this one is sooo much better when combined with AVM plus.

Hope this helps

http://www.fujitsu-general.co.uk/plasma/home/product_P42HHS30.asp#

AV Geeza

You should have near £400 left in your budget after you've ordered a 43MXE-1 - of course we have plenty other toys to spend the spare cash on :)

Best regards

Joe

Joe,

The pioneer looks tempting,but i don't think i can live without a plasma for 2 months :)

DVD

cmo

The boys at Pioneer UK and Pioneer Japan have worked hard on refining the MXE - I'd wait :)

New features include a Mode that enables external scaler users to switch off the internal Frame Rate Conversion and at last see what their scaling engine is doing without the display trying to mess things up.

Best regards

Joe

Hi cmo,

I've gone for the Fujitsu P42HHS30ES :smashin:

Arrives Thursday(8/04/04),just in time for easter :D

DVD :D

Originally posted by dvd
Hi cmo,

I've gone for the Fujitsu P42HHS30ES :smashin:

Arrives Thursday(8/09/04),just in time for easter :D

DVD :D

Congrats man have fun :cool:

Would you mind telling me where you got it from and what kinda price you paid?

Plus does anyone know if i could get a stripped down version without the onboard amp etc?

Cheers,

Hus

There is a commercial version, but commercial Fujis have no YUV input in general, though I've never looked into this one, my commercial customers want everything on the cheap and would never pay the money for this kind of thing.

Dvd,

Well done, hope my advice was un-biased - I just like to tell it as it is.
Obviously its my own opinion but I truly beleive you will be very happy with this panel.

After a few days play around with the fine mode for movies and get yourself a DVE disc (if you haven't already) or simply play around with the settings - you'll be surprised how good the picture can get and the amount of adjustments available.

Let us know how you get on.

Strangely on the very day you are getting your plasma I am heading off to OZ (hence why I'm hanging around here for a couple of weeks until I go).

But I'll definitely keep an eye on the site.

Good luck and enjoy.

Originally posted by MAW
There is a commercial version, but commercial Fujis have no YUV input in general, though I've never looked into this one, my commercial customers want everything on the cheap and would never pay the money for this kind of thing.

MAW,

What is a YUV input?

DVD

Correct term for component video, as rgb is also 'component.' YUV or RGB defines the 'colourspace', making sure there is no confusion. Commercial fujitsus have 5x BNC terminals, which are RGBHV and not switchable to YUV colourspace.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom