1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434: settings for Sky/Sky+

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Billilu, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just can't seem to get my settings right for watching Sky +. DVD is OK cos I did that via the TXH optimizer - with a few tweaks.

For Sky, I've been going back and forth on the brightness, contrast, colour etc without really coming to a satisfactory conclusion. The picture looks superb through my newly arrived RGB scart, esp in close-ups, but longshots could look better if I could only get the settings right.

And do I have to accept that football and rugby longshots will never look that good? Is this the received wisdom? Curiously, in some shots, you can sometimes see the crowd more clearly than players on the other side of the pitch.

Perhaps 434 owners could list what their settings are for comparison purposes.

2. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This board has been so busy in the last 24 hours, and the turnaround of threads has been so quick, that may humble little post has fallen by the wayside and on to page 2. So I thought I'd give 434 owners another chance to reply.

Come on! It beats moaning about the slowness of the media box.

3. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For normal analog cable tv I use contrast down to 34 and sharpness +2. Colour down by 5 points or so...

For watching football I use my custom setting which is contrast at 44 (!) and sharpness at +5 (!), colour down a bit. This is much better for watching sports, try it !

During the 10 days i took the curve and (after initially setting the contrast very low) increased it again (s.a.) and use sharpness in the plus range. For me it looks better with soft pics.

Nice watching

4. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Your Sky+ *may* be at fault. There is a known fault with lack of sharpness is certain areas of the screen. See this thread on Digiyal Spy

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/94643/ds.html

and in particular the post from nah. He is pursuing the matter with PACE and SKY. I believe it only affects V2 boxes.

Mike