1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434 Scratched!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Arshad, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a close look at the Pioneer 434's black frame. I see there are alot of little scratches on the frame. They are not really serious but when i go really close to the frame it looks like the whole frame is covered with little scratches.

Talked to Pioneer and they said if the scratches are not serious enough to cause any distraction when watching a movie or tv channels then they will not replace it.

What should i do? Should i push Pioneer to replace it for me? I cannot see the scratches when standing at a distance but when i go up close then they are plenty.

I don't understand where the frame got those scratches from? It was in the box when delivered to me and was opened by Pioneer staff when doing the installation. I was watching them while doing the installation.

I don't know how to explain the scratches but they are like lines on the dvd disk when used many times.

Any suggestons will be appreciated.

Cheers

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    dont worry about it mate!!!

3. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have no knowledge of the Pioneer model you're reporting but if it has what is known as a "piano black" finish then the scratches may well be part of the polishing process. If you look very closely at any highly polished surface - cars for example - you will see tiny scratches. BUT you should have to look very closely indeed to see them. If they're clearly visible from a couple of feet away I'd say you've got an inferior finish and it ought to be replaced.