1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434 on the wall!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johndonovan, Sep 24, 2004.

1. johndonovan

johndonovan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been frequenting these boards for nearly 20 months in the hope of buying a plasma and many things in the interim have prevented me doing so, including moving house.

2 weeks ago I bought a 434 thanks to someone on these forums giving the heads up on the JL Solihull £2997 offer. I spent all last weekend screwing in brackets, getting my speakers wall mounted and finally lifting the 434 into place.

2 Days later I plugged it in and connected Sky (3910 due this weekend) and my heart pounded as I recalled all these issues I'd read about during the previous 20 months:

1. Dead pixels
    2. Noisy fans/buzzing bits
    3. Poor pq on Sky
    4. poor black levels/contrast
    etc etc etc....

Well, I would like to say a big "thank you" to everyone on these boards because you have set my expectations to a level whereby things could only be better in real life.......

THIS THING HAS BLOWN ME AWAY! The picture is astounding and my family (including children) and I are totally amazed at just how good it is, just on Sky.

I would like to now say goodbye, as I do not want to learn anymore about artifacts/MPEG issues/Macro-blocking/pixel mapping etc etc on the basis that in my technical ignorance I can just enjoy this totally fantastic product.

I may be a poor sucker from Joe public, but sometimes, ignorance is bliss :thumbsup:

Thank you for everyone that has helped with questions I have had during the last couple of years and good luck to you all. :smashin:

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Send us a pic then!