1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434 hdmi dvd + xbox hi def kit

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gadgetman, Nov 6, 2004.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Couple of questions.
    I have got a microsoft Hi def kit for the xbox which is using components via av3. Now I cant get sound through my tv on via my optical ouput via my amp. So I can only listen to my xbox through the amp surely this should not be so And suggestions I must have a lead or a setting wrong I take it.
    I`m also in the process of buying an hdmi dvd player but am I also right in thinking that this uses AV3 as well. If so does this mean I will only be able to have either the dvd player connected via hdmi or xbox via component at the same time.

Suggestions please.

Oh yes and I have just ordered sky+ as well does this have component as well or just scart.

Gadgetman

2. rajvirdee

rajvirdee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the sky+, you have scart and no component. RGB is the best way to connect to your panel IMO

Have no idea about the rest!

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If you are using the red, green and blue component connections from the HiDef kit then you will also need an optical connection for the sound. The component leads do not carry audio - video only - so if your TV does not have an optical input (don't know any that do) then you will need to send the audio via an optical input on your amp as you state.

If I have read your post incorrectly and the above is not how you are connecting it then I apologise :blush:

4. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The other 2 are audio, yes. Are you then trying to pass a digital signal out of the amp after connecting the 2 phonos?
    re reading, the reason for this is as I thought, your amp is not 'upconverting' analogue to digital. Messiah is on the right track, but I know lttle about x-box, so excuse me, is there a digital output? If so, connect it to the amp and all will be well.

The AV3 thing is a bit of a nuisance, but can be overcome, you can switch the input of AV3 in the setup menu every time you need to. A pain, but do-able.

6. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Ah, what you need is a scart adapter, you plug the audio for input 3 into scart 3, and robert will be your uncle, mate.