1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434 HDE advise please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JTR, Feb 25, 2005.

1. JTR

JTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Advise needed before I throw the TV out the window !
    Have had the plasma for 9 months & have never been totally satisfied, two points:
    1: The fan noise - how can you turn it down? I have tried putting it in a cabinet, soundproofing the cabinet, media box out in the open - and the noise still it seems to get louder & louder.
    2. The screen now seems to have developed a static type buzz?
    This thing cost a fortune and in my opinion should not have these two irritating noises,
    Any advise, anyone?
    JTR

2. JTR

JTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on guys give me an awswer, am I go mad ?

3. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I suffer from the media box fan noise, but only if you 'tune' into it.

It's the same old thing - if you know its there, it's gonna bug the hell outta you.

Screen noise? I only get a slightly noiser screen when its working hard - ie white screens.

HTH
    Dave

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Just got back from 1 of my older installs which has a 504HDE. There is no discernible noise from the box or the screen. I think you have cause to complain. It's a warranty claim by now, things in the 1st 6 months are 'presumed to have been present when new' so money back is now out of the question. If the noise is deemed intrusive Pioneer will do their utmost to fix it I think. The experience of other noise plagued 434 owners has been along these lines. Don't forget the choccy biccies with the coffee for the engineer in other words, make sure he likes you.

5. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK, upon that advice, I will check out the noise level emanating from a friends identical media box.....

6. JTR

JTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The media box has been back via Pioneer and still is much the same...perhaps I'm panicking regarding the screen - looking at other messages perhaps screen noise is a plasma trait ?

What do you think ?