Pioneer 434 & Freeview

gammmmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like Pioneer 434 might be the one then...its been a long wait.

Question now for me is - Is anyone using it conjunction with a Freeview box and if so what is the picture quality like and what have you done to improve it?

I have tried going into places to get a demo and of those that actually have the 434, no one runs it with a Freeview box unless I actually volunteer to take mine in and try it.

yep

using a netgem i-player - the pic is excellent on RGB (the netgem can do component but of course this is currently reserved for dvd)

you've probably read the more recent thread regarding pic dropout - so check this is resolved before shelling out £4k

Mark

Cheers for the reply - do you notice much difference in picture quality between different channels (i.e. variable bitrate) ??

I use a Netgem via JS RGB2VGA into my Panny 5 series and there is of course considerable different in the PQ of channels. For example the History channel and TMF tend do be poor, but most are good. Generally I find (regardless of channel) that new programs are good, but old one's (even those made only a few years ago) can be very poor. Also another example is when watching the news on ITV1 the mains ITN news (when in studio) is very good, but my local ITV news is slightly blurred. I guess a lot of this is down to cameras/lenses and other equipment in the TV studios. On a "normal TV" the local news looks fine, but as we all know Plasma's are not forgiving with poor sources. Another good reason to ensure everything at your end (cables, power supply etc) is the bee's knee's.

Rob.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom