Pioneer 434 and Sony GX7 DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Quinny, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This thread was started by CLH on the DVD Recorder site but got no replies. I guess that no-one there can help?

I have a Sony GX7 DVD Recorder and I will be using the COPONENET out to feed into the PIO 434 Media Box. In doing this I will have to disable the RGB output from the DVD Recorder. No problem there. However, I have SKY+ connected as a passthough to the DVD Recorder and would like to know if the picture and sound will still be fed to the Plasma now that the RGB has been turned off? If not it looks as if I will have to change from COMPONENT to RGB every time I want to watch SKY!

I guess that I could get an RGB splitter and feed one into the DVD Recorder and one into AV1 on the Plasma but I was rather hoping that I wouldn't have to do this. If this is the only possibility could someone please recommend a decent RGB splitter at a sensible price? I know that most quality things come at a price but sometimes there are bargains to be had!

Many thanks for your help.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,117
    Quinny

According to the boys at the local Sony Centre in Edinburgh its RGB in and S-Video, RGB or YUV out so no problems hooking the DVR to Input 03 on the Media Box and 'viewing' SKY+ via the DVR.

Best regards

Joe

3. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe

Many thanks for the reply. It's a shame that the Sony Centre staff don't have the same training. The guys at Cambridge say that this is not possible. Who's telling the truth? I suppose that I'll find out later today....I hope. I'm not convinced that the Cambridge staff understood the 'problem' in the first place.

Once again thanks for your help. I just hope that it does work in the way that you say.

Quinny

4. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A quick update: the boys in Edinburgh were correct. It works!

Thanks Joe