Pioneer 434 and drop outs

Graham Sims

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone please let me know if there has been a fix for the drop outs on the pioneer 434.
I contact pioneer about this in november, an engineer contacted me and said he was waiting for a fix from abroad.
Since then I have contacted them several times on the support site, but no engineer has got back to me about it.

I have also got several other problems, ie dirty tube effect.
Also I have noticed strange blocks appearing on fast moving objects, its not source related as when you place it in slow motion they are not there.
I experimented by recording several scenes that had the problem onto dvdr, I have played them on my 868 dvd player, and have noticed that they dont appear when you play with progressive scan. But the blocks appear when it is played with interlace.

Cheers,

Graham

My dropouts were mostly solved after a firmware update done by a technician sent bs Pioneer.

The technician also said it would remove the "dirty tube effect" which I haven't noticed (neither before nor afterwards).

The artefacts you are describing are not visible on my plasma though the picture gets "washed out" when the camera pans fast. Is this the same effect ?

Thanks for the reply,

I will phone them up on monday, and insist a firmware upgrade.

Cheers,

Graham

Graham
You should get this definitely fixed by Pioneer. They have really upgraded software / replaced media boxes for everyone I know in this forum including myself in relation to the drop-out issue with early production media boxes..

I am having my media box replaced on Thursday, by a company called Barron McCann, who are subcontracted to do repairs by Pioneer. When I rang Pioneer, I was told it had to go through my agent, who luckily is Joe Fernand of the Media Factory, who acted as a go-between.

Can't wait, as the dropouts are becoming more and more frequent. Are there any other benefits I will notice with my new box? Is the switching between channels, teletext etc noticeably quicker?

Switching between the analog channels is quicker... Teletext and switching between inputs remains slow... has been covered in earlier relevant threads when the first replacements boxes were installed.

Has anyone any idea how many people have had a new media box or firmware upgrade, as pioneer are refusing to give me either.
I sent another request on there website for an engineer to ring me, and had no reply. So I rang them up, was promised that I would get a phone call on the same day, but I didn't.
So I rang the shop up where I bought it from, they contacted pioneer, and was told that they are still waiting to hear from abroad. They are refusing to send an engineer out till they hear anything about a fix for it.
I have told the shop and pioneer that my troubles could be fixed by either a new media box or firmware upgrade.

I am really anoyed now, as I have spent almost 6k on pioneer equipment recently, and they refuse to help me.

Thanks,

Graham

Where are Pioneer based? The personal touch never hurt no-one!
Also, find out the 'Service Managers' name and phone up asking to speak to him directly (maybe get the wifey to do it saying that she is HIS wife until you are put through!). You'll be surprised what this will do!

Graham

Cant see what the problem is in dealing with you correctly - its the guys you bought the kit from that should be sorting this out; are they a Pioneer UK dealer?

Drop me a line and I'll see if I can put you in touch with someone to get this sorted.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

But I got a call from my dealer today, they have arranged a visit for me, so hopefully will get it sorted out.

Cheers,

Graham

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom