1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 434/504 Input selection question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rnjones, Feb 1, 2004.

1. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I finally took the plunge and bought my 504. It is excellent.

I have it connected to my Sky+ (RGB input 1) and Denon 2900(prog scan input 3).

Sky + picture is OK, any thoughts on improving would be welcome.

DVD picture is amazing.

However I have one niggle that 434/504 owners may be able to help with.

I am using a Hometheater master Mx700 to contol the system, but this issue would relate to any RC that has macro capability.

I have programmed buttons to fire up the system and configre the 504, AMP, and input device (Sky+/DVD player). So if we want to watch Sky the button wil run a macro to configre , to 504 Input 1, Amp etc.

For DVD I power up the 2900, 504, Amp tell it to use Input 3 (component). However if the 504 dosen't see any input signal it hunts for a signal and ends up on terrestrial TV (which is terrible). I then have to hit the Input 3 button again to get it to use Input 3.

I have Input 3 twice in my Macro but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Does anyone know of a way of forcing the 434/504 Tuner box to stay on Input 3 and not hunt for a signal elsewhere?

Sorry for the long post. Any help would be great.

Rog

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Are you sure it's not just because of the time it takes for the plasma to fire up. I have to put a 4-5 second delay between the switch on code (Prog 1) and the Input command. Try adding a long delay, say 8 seconds then reducing it till you get the shortest delay. Also, try putting the on command as the very first action in the macro list and the input code as the last. That way, you get an automatic delay by all the other codes being sent in between along with any others delays you have put between them (I always add a delay between every macro command of minimum 0.2 seconds and usually 0.5)

Q for you? have you managed to find a discrete on code for the 504. I have to use a channel number (as stated above) as neither the power (standby) button nor input buttons will turn the set on.

[edit] No worries. Found them.[end edit]

Thanks.

3. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Messiah thanks, I wil try the time delay. You are right it does take a while to fire up. I found the discrret power codes on remotecentral.com. Actually its for a ccf for a 503 which I imported to the MX editor and it works fine.

Also it is possible to assign Input 1 to a channel number (6 for example) and also 0 starts the screen up on Input 1. But it would be great if I could assign Input 2 and Input 3 to channel buttons. But it seems this isn't possible. Hmm annoying.

Rog