1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433MXE1 and Tivo ...no show...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Family Guy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 433MXE1 plasma which I am feeding via my Onkyo 702 amp through an Iscan Pro. Now, the compoents I have connected are as follows:
    DVD player - component to amp
    Sky + - s video to amp
    Gamecube - composite to amp

Everything is then "upconverted" by the Onkyo amp and fed to the Iscan pro. However, when i connect a Tivo to the amp, I get no picture. I am using the TV scart on the Tivo connected via a scart to composite lead. The Tivo scart out is set to Pal (though it actually makes no difference if i set it to RGB & Pal or Pal - still no picture). I get no picture whether I connect the Tivo direct to the plasma, to the amp (upconverted and out to the the Iscan) or direct to the iscan.

The Tivo is outputting a picture via RF and the scart connection works as I have had them connected to a 14" portable...

The Tivo subsciption isn't activated yet...so the Tivo technical helpline won't help me...they say if i activate the sibscription they'll offer me technical assistance but can't guarantee it'll work... :thumbsdow

Anybody care to help me out here... :lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Family guy can you "borrow" a JS RGB>YUV converter and give that a go?

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That would probably work but I don't think we have any in stock...I was kinda hoping to get it working without adding to the cost as well TBH.

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...though thinking about it, I'm already using a component converter in the amp - so maybe it won't work...:confused:

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Brian, pop round and pick one up. Your amp doesn't like the composite vid, or the lead/adapter is bust.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll pop round shortly...