1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433MXE With Desk Top Stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Paden, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can you tell me roughly what the distance from the tabletop to the lower edge of the screen is?
    I'm thinking of getting one of these panels & am trying to work out where my centre speaker will go.
    I was hoping to place it in front of the panel on the tabletop as well but I obviously don't want it blocking my view of the screen!

Thanks, Paul

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Paul

The MXE is normally supplied with the PDK-TS01 (though these have been difficult to get a hold of for a few weeks as the new PDK-TS03 swivel mount in Silver have been introduced).

With a TS01 you dont get much room for sticking a centre channel below the plasma - the base of the plasma is set at 100mm from your table top.

You do have to factor in that the TS01 base plate is 20mm tall and leaves a flat plate in front of the display that is 540mm x 120mm - limiting you to 80mm* clearance for your centre channel.

We also supply pedestal stands from SMS - much more expensive but with a much greater clearance to accommodate a centre channel.

Trust this helps.

Joe

*This assumes you dont want the centre channel to encroach into the line of the bezel

3. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the reply Joe :smashin:

My centre speaker is about 180mm & not compressible :D
    Do you have a link for the pedestal stands from SMS? Couldn't find any pictures on your site.

Cheers, Paul

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Paden

Have a look here http://www.sms.safebrackets.se

Sold quite a few of these units - they are very well built and very well finished.

Best regards

Joe