1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 433MXE - Stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by /\/\j17, Aug 28, 2003.

1. /\/\j17

/\/\j17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm finally descided and (when my Egg card with 0% on purchases until Feb. 2004 arrives) able to buy a plasma. I'm going for the Pio. 433MXE.

Well it's got to go somewhere, and stand up some how - but how?

I'm going to be table topped, not wall hanging but do I really need to buy a desktop stand?

I remember reading someone say that the screen came with some basic 'feet' and that these were fine unless you had small children/unstable friends. Is this true, and if so what is the footprint of these... umm feet?

If they really aren't up to anything, then do I need the Pioneer official desktop stand, or are the cheaper after market ones just as good (and cheaper!). Again, some idea of footprint would be great as I don't want my shiny new plasma arriving and being too big for my stand :0

Thanks for your help,

/\/\j17

2. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M17,

Congratulations, good choice ! :smashin:

I use the feet provided and there pretty good, very stable. It will raise the panel about 1 inch from the surface.

Depends how you have the rest of your gear set up. My centre speaker goes on the shelf below so all fits quite nicely TBH.

Tony

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add, about 19cm long, 7cm wide.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,591
    /\/\j17

The 'as supplied' feet are more than adequate and just as stable as any other option.

If you dont like the aesthetics of the feet (they 'cut' into the line of the bezel) or want to try and squeeze a centre channel on the top plate of your AV rack then a PDK-TS01 pedestal stand is required.

The TS01 should be around £160 and I cant see you getting a third party unit for any less.

If you have a tallish centre speaker you can look at SMS for a height adjustable pedestal stand - but don't expect much change out of £350.

Best regards

Joe

5. jedimaster

jedimaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Joe,

Can you please tell me if you have a a pair of plasma feet or possibly an ex-demo/used pedestall/table stand for a Pioneer 433MXE. I just need the stand/feet for a short while until I wall mount the plasma hence dont really want to spend too much. Your help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,591
    jedimaster

Cant you use the 'Force'!!!

I'm sure we have a few sets of feet in a box - give me a shout on Monday and we can work something out.

Best regards

Joe

7. jedimaster

jedimaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Joe,

I have used the 'Force' until now and dont know how long I can keep going. :laugh:

Thanks for replying I shall PM you.

Best Regards.